Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dreadnought
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By huja

Visit to Bali

Closed Thread

Visit to Bali

Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit Bali for 3-4 days in oct or dec. Do you have any recommendations for hotels ?

Should i approach a travel agent and get a package deal (flight+hotel) ? Or should i just browse and find the package by myself?

And visa ? where to get it ? A friend told, Indonesia tourist visa is free till 2011 Mar. I have an Indian passport.

Any other suggestions over Bali?

Thanks

My understanding is that holders of Indian passports may obtain visa on arrival in Indonesia. The 30-day visa costs USD 25/-.

indianocean likes this.

You have to decide if you want to be close/on the beach or not. I'm not a beach guy and I enjoyed the Alila in Ubud. The Amandari, also in Ubud, is on everyone's short list of best hotel in the world.

indianocean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You have to decide if you want to be close/on the beach or not.
    yeah, i would like to stay close to beach.

Our friends stayed at the Four Seasons three years ago and enjoyed it. Said it was quiet and relaxing. If that is what you are looking for (vs. the partying, drinking and backpackers in Katu) it might be a nice option.

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay: A Luxury Resort in Bali

Before moving to the Alila in Ubud, we stayed a couple of days in Sanur - don't remember the hotel. I didn't think much of Sanur so I wouldn't recommend it.

indianocean likes this.

Four Seasons looks expensive for me. Anyway, thanks.

Try a search using agoda.com. I've had good luck finding good hotel rates for SE Asia using this site. N.B. You prepay for the room (to agodga.com) and give a credit card at the hotel for incidentals. Any sort of change/cancellation/etc is a little more complicated than booking with hotel directly. Be sure to read the terms of sale carefully.