Ng Tung Chai Waterfall swimming

Ng Tung Chai Waterfall swimming

We are planning a trip this week to visit the beautiful waterfalls in NT. As we have not been there before, I could use some advice to aid in planning so we can figure out the best places to rest/swim:

1) Out of the 4 waterfalls (Bottom, Middle, Tall, Scatter) which ones are suitable for swimming? Which one offers the biggest pool?

2) I know that the path between Tall and Scatter was closed many years ago but I have also heard from many that this section is actually well travelled and is easily doable. Any suggestions/advice on this part of the hike would be appreciated.

3) From scatter falls, is there a clear/clean path to Tai Mo Shan (to join the Maclehose)? I have heard that some have made this climb but I have not seen any description of this section. Is it all scrabling with ribbons or is there a well defined path here?

TIA
    HC

The path between tall and scatter is abit of a scramble but quite doable. From scatter to Mac is a clear and easy (though uphill obviously ) trail. Best pool is personal preference and depends on recent rainfall anyway. They are all nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The path between tall and scatter is abit of a scramble but quite doable. From scatter to Mac is a clear and easy (though uphill obviously ) trail. Best pool is personal preference and depends on recent rainfall anyway. They are all nice.
    We came, we saw and we had a great time. Yesterday we visited all 4 of the falls that we know about. Today, I also uploaded our GPS tracks to OpenStreetMap in case anyone wishes to follow our footsteps along the way.

I just found out that we missed out on 2 other falls according to this article.
    Secret Hong Kong by Dorothy So | HK Magazine Online

Where were these mysterious other 2 falls called Maiden falls and Straggling-Hair Falls? We would love to pay these 2 other ones a visit given some directions.

HC

Pretty sure if you reread the article you will realise you saw them all. I think the top one of the 4 is the straggling hair falls.

Digging some more, it seems there is one more (a fifth one) that we missed out on.
    Its mentioned here :
    Hong Kong Landscapes Shaping the Barren Rock

Will have to go looking more carefully next time.

HC

If you like stream trekking and waterfalls, there are many others. There are some great waterfalls along the Nam Chung stream (which you can access from the country trail, as well as by the more adventurous stream trekking route) and also a good accessible stream near Tai O on Lantau (which also has a path nearby and a fabulous swimming hole at the top). These are also best in summer when there is more water. For more details, search for "stream trekking" on the hiking meetup website.