Schengen Visa Q

Closed Thread

Schengen Visa Q

Dear intelligent people ,
    I have never been out of asia .And I am planning backpacking trip to Europe pretty soon .My main mission is to get as many EU countries chop as possible .I just want to step my foot on as many EU countries as possible .I am HK born nepalese and hold BNO passport but some of the countries like Germany ,Spain ,France ,Portugal need visa So I thought of getting Schengen Visa .Do you know where I should apply for Schengen Visa in HK and how long it takes to process ?and how much does it costs ?
    Have any of you brilliant people done it ? If so which Country should I start from ?I will have like 3 weeks time for the whole journey .I am poor but harbouring strong desire to see Europe .I will be eating fastfoods and sleeping in the cheapest motel possible .I have decided to take tent with me 'cause I heard in european countries its OK to sleep in someone else's garden as long as we dont disturb them .I have a budget of around 80,000 HK dollar .will it be enough ??

P/S : Hoping to get some priceless suggestions and advices from you angels .

visit http://www.eurovisa.info.

It gives all the details there.

Have fun.

Going to be hard to get many country entry stamps when Europe has very few borders.(as in checkpoints between countries) Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadhu_Ji:
    Dear intelligent people ,
    I have never been out of asia .And I am planning backpacking trip to Europe pretty soon .My main mission is to get as many EU countries chop as possible .I just want to step my foot on as many EU countries as possible .I am HK born nepalese and hold BNO passport but some of the countries like Germany ,Spain ,France ,Portugal need visa So I thought of getting Schengen Visa .Do you know where I should apply for Schengen Visa in HK and how long it takes to process ?and how much does it costs ?
    Have any of you brilliant people done it ? If so which Country should I start from ?I will have like 3 weeks time for the whole journey .I am poor but harbouring strong desire to see Europe .I will be eating fastfoods and sleeping in the cheapest motel possible .I have decided to take tent with me 'cause I heard in european countries its OK to sleep in someone else's garden as long as we dont disturb them .I have a budget of around 80,000 HK dollar .will it be enough ??

P/S : Hoping to get some priceless suggestions and advices from you angels .

the Schengen visa allows you to travel the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

I think you can apply for the visa at one of their embrassies. - I was told that the french one was quite awkard, so try to avoid that one.

I live in Europe myself, but I have never heard of about ok to sleep in people's garden. I think people just wound you up!

There are train tickets available for you to buy online allowing you to travel across several of euopean countries - quite reasonable.

HK$80,000 - Dont think you need that much for a budget traveller. My sister and her boy friend did a similar trip for a month, she spent less than HK$35,000 if you plan your trip properly.

Not sure I'd recommend trying to pitch a tent in someone's garden without asking them! (And I wouldn't expect much chance of success if you did ask them.)

u can travel couple country with Schengen visa but

smthg importanat as i know

which embassy u got your schengen u have to start your trip from that country

note: italy is pretty easy to get one

good luck

Pitching a tent in someones backyard is probably not the best idea anywhere in Europe.

In Sweden and Finland though they have this right called "every man's right" that allows you to camp etc. on non residential property i.e. out in the woods (not parks, pastures in use, some one's backyard or in sight of buildings etc.) for a couple of nights as long as you leave the place untouched and don't harm any vegetation etc. this right is both for governmental and private land.

Other than that many countries in Europe have pretty cheap campsites where you can stay in your tent.

When my wife applied for a Schengen, she had to apply to the embassy of the country she was going to be spending the most time in. For example, we landed in Paris, went to Amsterdam, and then onto Berlin. But because we had 10 days in Berlin and 8 in Paris, we were told by the French embassy we had to apply at the German embassy, since we would be spending the most time in that country.

Not sure, but my experience...

Hello everyone,

My experience with the French embassy:

Applied for a Schengen visa in the French embassy in London early this month. I had two trips booked to go to Paris. One in January, one in April. But they issued me a visa which expires days before my 2nd trip. How ridiculous!

The person issued me the visa refused to answer me why she gave me a visa expires before my 2nd trip.

Later I was told by someone it might because I’m a student (but my British visa is until the end of Feb 2008), maybe French embassy only issue students 2, 3 months Schengen visa maxium??

Anyone has had exceptions? I.e. students in the UK having been issued longer than 2 month visas by the French embassy? Or will other embassies (e.g. the Italian embassy) issue UK students longer visas?

Thank you for the replies in advance.

1ChinaDoll xx

Last edited by 1chinadoll; 16-01-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Arrow Schengen Visas

Hi Chinadoll,

The story with Schegen visas is that the maximum is 90 days for each half year.

So, if you spent 90 days from Jan to April is right that they could not give you another visa.
    But if you did not spend 90 days, they could have given the remaining days left.