Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crocodile

Long hours for transit at HK airport

Closed Thread

Long hours for transit at HK airport

I have a question relating HK airport transit. My friend and I have booked a beach holiday in Cebu, she will fly from UK first(British passport) and then stay in HK for a few days before our trip. The problem is, on our way back she will have to wait for 9 hours at HK airport before her onward flight back to London. In this case would she be allowed to go out of the airport with her luggage checked in all the way through transit? Anyone had similar experience?

If it is ok to leave the airport then we could plan something else to do instead of her waiting around for such a long time. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie08:
    I have a question relating HK airport transit. My friend and I have booked a beach holiday in Cebu, she will fly from UK first(British passport) and then stay in HK for a few days before our trip. The problem is, on our way back she will have to wait for 9 hours at HK airport before her onward flight back to London. In this case would she be allowed to go out of the airport with her luggage checked in all the way through transit? Anyone had similar experience?

If it is ok to leave the airport then we could plan something else to do instead of her waiting around for such a long time. Thanks in advance!
    It is no problem leaving the airport. If her luggage is checked all the way through (I assume it is on Cathay Pacific all the way), she can just go through immigration as normal. Many people leave the airport for just a few hours during a transit.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by Crocodile; 27-10-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Sophie08 likes this.

That's good to know, thanks!