Hong Kong to Kunming for Chinese New Year

Hong Kong to Kunming for Chinese New Year

Dear Friends

Iam in now in Hong Kong. For the Chinese New Year I have a long holiday for a week (16th Feb to 20th Feb) and thought would spend some good time with my sister who is now studying medicine in Dali University, Yunnan, China.

I already applied for China Visa today and hopefully I shall get it in next couple of days. Meanwhile, I need a help from you expats guiding me for these few questions towards my travel plan to Yunnan China:

1) Flights are full house due to obvious reason of Chinese New Year during my travel date. China Domestic Flights from Shenzhen to Kunming (nearest airport to Yunnan?) is charging 1500 RMB/ HKD. So, Iam thinking of going by Bus or Train from Shenzhen to Kunming.

2) Iam planning to Start from Shenzhen (after reaching there from Hong Kong by Train) to Kunming. From Shenzhen, I want to take a bus /Train to Kunming. From Kunming I shall proceed to Dali.Is it adivisable?? Can anyone travelled before like me?? Any suggestions??

3) Since this is my first visit to China, Iam bit worried with language and other uncertainities. Can I comfortably get a good bus / Train to Kunming from Shenzhen? How Long is the Journey? Can anyone guide me on bus stations / train stations??

Thats all for now. Please guide me with the above questions. In case I have anymore questions I shall come back

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Veeranki

From what I have read, trains around Chinese New Year are a complete nightmare, and are also fully booked like the planes. It's also going to take you 2-3 days in each direction I would guess, so you aren't going to spend much of your week with your sister. If you can still get a flight for RMB1500 then that would seem by far the best deal to me.

I agree. Don't bother with the trains and buses over CNY.

Thanks a lot for the response.

Iam now booking flight to Kunming from Shenzhen before they rip-off my pocket !!

Any good website for Cheap dometic flights in China??

Iam looking at :

http://www.elong.net

Cheers
    Veeranki