Organizing last minute 8 days vacations, need suggestions!

Organizing last minute 8 days vacations, need suggestions!

Hello,

I have all the next week off work (just knew) and I want to organize something as I want to travel somewhere. Almost 8 days.

I have been already in China, Vietnam, Thailand (only BKK) and Malaysia. So I'd prefer something different.

Guys, what do you recommend? I'm open from something to relax (beach...) to cultural tourism.

My first thought is Bali, but not sure if it is the season. Anyway, do you know the best connection to go there?

How about sites where I can find "last minute" offers packages?

Thanks!!!

you can try Zuji they have wonderful packages for Australia. The Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast are beautiful. Sydney is interesting, Adelaide is pretty, Darwin is tropical , would not swim in the sea!-crocks!- Perth and Melbourne? so-so.
    Have a lovely holiday where ever you decide to go.

Yep I'd have to agree with Ms Koala, Queensland, is an awesome holiday destination, we had one of the best holidays we have ever had there, spending 21 action packed days. We hired a jeep wrangler and drove from Broadbeach to Byron Bay ( crossing the NSW border ) and from Broadbeach to Noosa heads, visited pristine tropical rain forests, waterfalls, all of the theme parks, the pistol range in Surfers, Banana plantations, Stradbroke Island, swam with Dolphins, visited the big Pineapple and tinkered around at the Eumundi market.

But, as the Australian dollar is running close to parity with the US dollar, it might be deemed a bit expensive for some at the moment, but if you want an awesome holiday, Queensland is very hard to beat, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 20-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Can also try Cathay Pacific holidays - they do packages too. Tasmania is great for outdoors, fresh air, hikes and food. Cambodia is wonderful for culture and food. Bali is good for beach and just relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired:
    Cambodia is wonderful for culture and food. .
    Have you actually been there? Maybe you went on a package tour and they kept you away from reality?

As an independent traveller I saw a country full of prostitution (including the worst of the worst: child prostitution), hustlers on every corner, landmine victims, beggars, criminals, trash, dirty drug addict gapyear backpackers, and overall absolutely the worst humanity has to offer. The country is recovering, but it's hardly a place I'd recommend for 'culture and food'.

Yes, I've been to Cambodia and was there on a private tour - just 3 of us. Every underdeveloped country has its sad sights - even developing countries. What you described can easily be a description of a number of countries too. But Cambodia does have a rich culture and we ate a lot of local food.

I was just in CONCORDE travel in Central..they have lots of short stay trips etc to suit all budgets..AND they actually have REAL brochures!!! worth a look...