Urgent: Chinese National/Citizen can transit in HK airport ? (From shanghai to Bali)

Closed Thread

Urgent: Chinese National/Citizen can transit in HK airport ? (From shanghai to Bali)

Hello,

Sorry for the urgency, but I have a trip in 2 days and I will go with my friend, who is a Chinese National. She has no HK permit and visa to indonesia, because Indonesia allows visa on arrival at Denpasar/Bali airport. We are flying from Shanghai to Bali via HK. The transit time is about 4 hours. Will she be able to get in the transit area and transfer to Garuda flight to Bali ?

I am indonesian, if that matters.

Thanks for the help.

You could even go through immigration, but possibly would need a visa to the destination then. In Transit no problem for Chinese. (I know it may sound a stupid question to some, but HK requires visa for some nationalities to transit)

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

"14. Chinese passport holders who are in transit through Hong Kong to and from another country or territory may be granted a stay of seven days on each landing without the prior need to obtain an entry permit provided that usual immigration requirements are met, including possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed onward booking for the overseas journey."

she needs to obtain either pass to visit hk or visa to indonesia. otherwise, she cannot leave China.