CTS vis fees for EU passport (not UK)

Closed Thread

CTS vis fees for EU passport (not UK)

Hi,

Does anyone know how much CTS charges for the visas to China? I'd need a multiple 6 or 12 month (heard that 12 months now is impossible to get for HK non-permanent residents )?
    Found a lot of posts for US passports, but nothing on European.

Thanks.

Instead of going to CTS go to the China resources building in Wanchai and apply direct. 12 months is possible, as long as you have a valid HK visa and ID, although depends on your passport, whether you've had visas previously and time of the month for the doris who processes it.

If you don't have visa / ID then more than likely all you'll get is a double entry at most although these things change daily without notification.

Not sure about the year visa. If you have had one before and you have a year or more left on your visa, I can't see why it wouldn't be ok, but of course anything to do with China visas is hard to predict. Just ask for a year and accept 6 if that's all they give you.

I friend who holds an Australian passport (same fee as EU passports) was quoted somewhere around $1000 for multiple entry visa. Of course if you want to save some money you can go to Wan Chai and get the 6 month for $400 and the 12 month for $600.

Thanks for the answers.

I can't go to the Wan Chai to apply for it myself, cos I work during the same time, but that would of course be the best.

I have had a 12 month multiple entry before, therefore I was hoping to get it again.

My friend went to apply for me last week and they asked him for the copy of my HKID, which he didn't have with him. He went on the next day with the copy of my HKD and they said: we need her ID itself. Of course he argued and all, but the clerk was a stupid moron, so what's the point of arguing? Now I can't ask my friend to go there the third time...or he'll explode. That's why I need to go through an agent and CTS is closest to my work.

To answer my own post (for myself and everyone else interested):

CTS charges 950 HKD for 6 months visa multiple entries, 450 HKD for double entry and 310 HKD for a single entry. That's a rip off. I'll just have to go to the Chinese office directly.