Like Tree5Likes

Jetstar air ticket to Singapore

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I agree that it's cheap - but most of the time a taxi is only 15 mins....!

The Budget terminal in Singapore is only for Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific & Firefly (regional Malaysian airline, not sure if it's still around). All other budget airlines (Jetstar, Air Asia, Lion Air) operate out of T1.

Cabs are not that expensive from the airport, and are more convenient since the MRT station is at T2 (you have to take the skytrain form T1 to T2, and then change at Tanah Merah). The flag down fare is SGD 2.80-SGD 3 for a regular cab. The airport surcharge is SGD 3 - 5 (higher on weekends & public holidays), and there is a midnight surcharge of 50%.

If you're not landing past midnight on a weekend/holiday and take a regular cab, you won't be spending more than SGD 15 to head to Marina Bay, maybe around SGD 25 to Orchard, and the entire trip shouldn't take you more than 15 - 20 minutes.

Stay away from the limo cabs & touts, that would run you a bill of atleast SGD 50.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I cannot imagine why anyone starting in Olympic would catch a taxi to Kowloon to catch the AE - much easier just to take the MTR to Tsing Yi and get the AE for 60 rather than 90! Also, there is an A bus that goes through Olympic (i saw it while standing outside Longbeach the other day) so that might well be not only cheapest but convenient too.
    Actually, Im in Tai Kok Tsui which is a bit of a hike from the MTR. But I say Olympic area and then eveyone knows what I am talking about.

But the main thing you are forgetting is that I travel with 2 young kids (2 and 5). Sometimes its just my wife with 2 kids, a few suitcases, and a pram (no me). So she's usually taken a taxi to Kowloon, then checkin all the suitcases. Tsing Yi does not have any checkin facilities.

But now, I have been enlightened to the fact a taxi direct to the airport is actually no more expensive (and in some cases significantly cheaper) than all this flaffing about with short taxi and then AE.

Doesnt surprise me (that a taxi might be cheaper) - those AE fares are not cheap by any means. I use a bus most of the time (a GC residents bus, which is super fast and really efficient) - I've used the A buses before and they are not bad either if you live close to a route.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4