***** Macau - Macau to Vancouver flights

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Lowlight, I second the motion.....

Quote Originally Posted by ***** Macau:
    Yes, you are correct, payload restrictions on that route do cause a penalty on seat occupancy and certainly does not change the size of the seats in any class. This is a reason that the 744 with 340 capacity will be put on to that route. The 743 will be better served on another route we have planned, where there would be no restrictions or penalty on the available load.
    So then lots of people get free seats to themselves making it very roomy indeed !

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    So then lots of people get free seats to themselves making it very roomy indeed !
    Well, you'll get approximately one empty seat per row of 10. Personally I'd rather have a guaranteed extra 3-4 inches of legroom than a one in five chance of an empty seat beside me.

Seat pitch and passenger load

Really cannot disagree with the post about wanting more space in the seat vs. a 1 in 5chance of an open seat beside you, who wouldn't?

As a fact is we have between a 31" and a 33" pitch (distance between seats) in economy class and well, in Business and ***** First it's an obvious advantage, like any other commercial airline.

Again when the 747-400 comes in-line on the Macau-Vancouver route, it does hold less than other airlines that run the same route on a non-stop flight, with the same aircraft, thereby giving the passenger more personal space.

As per the individual seat dimensions, don't have them available right now, but will certainly post them within 24hrs. and the comparable seats from other airlines with the same route (or very close to) and again with the same aircraft. However we will not post the name of the airline(s), as that would be unprofessional.

Regards

deleteduser

For those curious, Cathay has a pitch of 32" on their Airbus 330's and 747's

Same as EVA's 330's

EVA's 747's have a pitch of 33-34" although they have a class between economy and business with a 37-38" pitch

I have reserved a trip with *****, but I won't be going until August. I will be sure to post a full detailed report here.. I even made a (very important) special request, so I am really looking forward to that. If all goes well, I'll have a new exclusive carrier and will be making more visits back home than before

Some of the stuff on the ***** website is just ridiculous:

"In Business Class you can enjoy a 62" reclining seat that is considered to be the most comfortable seat in business class on any airline today.{...}

As for our First Class seating and service, you will find no better than "***** First Class"."

So your business class seats are better than Virgin Upper Class, or SQ's new business class? But with a 62" pitch, I don't think so.

Which champagne do you serve in F, and which caviar, to justify your claim of "you will find no better"? And tell us about your AVOD system...

Last edited by PDLM; 01-04-2007 at 10:57 PM.

We appreciate being referred to in the same sentence or paragraph as CX, SQ, Eva.......Those are three airlines that we feel honored to be mentioned with. Thank you for that pdlm.

As for the champange and caviar question, that is not decided yet as we are still over 2 months from first flight. Maybe you could give us some help with pricing on that, you know any help we can get from other people in the airline industry is appreciated.

As per the ridiculous statement that is on our website?......Sorry, we can find nothing ridiculos on our site, every statement is true and obviously we would put our service up as the best you will find, what else would we say?...........

We are however going to check the 62" recline and get back to you, also the dimensions of the seats as we said we would.

One more thing

Welcome aboard Lowlight!

Looking forward to having you fly with us August.

Thank you for choosing ***** TransPacific.

Don't forget you can check in at Shun Tak in central, or go a day early and spend the day in Macau.

(PS your request was noted and fulfilled)

>> what else would we say

Ignore windups.

I'm sure in his business, PDLM's company also uses a fair number of superlatives.

Indeed we do, and I'm not really winding them up: anything that keeps CX on its toes is a Good Thing. I can see carriers like this working for people who don't fly that often or do the vast bulk of their flying on one or two routes. But being based in HK and travelling reasonably often both in the region and long haul I get quite a lot of benefit from the breadth of the CX/OneWorld network and from the frequent flyer programme, neither of which ***** is able to match.

For champagne, I am quite partial to Krug Grand Cuvee, but Dom would be fine also; one thing that makes SQ stand out is that you get the choice of either. Caviar is a bit of a problem now that CITES means that airlines can't get the real stuff in significant quantities. CX is still finding its way with the farmed version that they serve now. It's getting better, but still not back up to the standards of the wild variety. (But don't get me wrong, I fully support the CITES initiatives.)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast