Like Tree17Likes

Suggestions for Easter

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    I strongly recommend Boracay.
    Interesting. How does one get there - are there direct flights from HK? Any specific hotel recommendations?

HK-Manila then Manila to Caticlan by smaller plane then a boat ride to Boracay. There were no really nice hotels before but they recently built a Shangri La.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Pukhet and Koh Samui are nice but much better, actually to fall in love with is Krabi. Is near by Phuket, direct fly possible. Highly recommended!

MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    HK-Manila then Manila to Caticlan by smaller plane then a boat ride to Boracay. There were no really nice hotels before but they recently built a Shangri La.
    There is supposedly a airport opening very close to boracay, but i dont remember when its opening or if it was canned.

the extra transfers are not bad at all, and well worth it. its currently my favorite place ive ever been (as far as island type places).

as for hotels...you dont stay at big hotels here. instead you stay in gorgeous bungalos on the beach and other smaller hotel type places, but they have a ton of really nice luxorious places. our favorite was "Fridays"
    Last edited by BenderBends; 15-01-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    Pukhet and Koh Samui are nice but much better, actually to fall in love with is Krabi. Is near by Phuket, direct fly possible. Highly recommended!
    Krabi looks really nice actually - which airline flies direct, I cannot find it searching.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Krabi looks really nice actually - which airline flies direct, I cannot find it searching.
    You can't fly direct to Krabi. You can take a couple of ferries from Phuket(Koh Phi Phi first and from there to Krabi), you can drive(3-4 hours from Phuket) or you can connect with a plane in BKK. If you're a James Bond fan, it's the area where Man with the Golden Gun was filmed. Very picturesque, good mountain biking and climbing in the area.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Or you get a train from Bangkok to Surat Thani, then bus to Krabi. It's a nice journey.

I don't think that an 8 hour train ride followed by a three hour bus ride is what they are looking for but I could be wrong...

A train ride with open windows, passing through tropical greenery? It's great. And not 8 hours either.

I apologize, you are right. According to the schedule it's more like 8 and 1/2 or 9 hours.

http://www.thairailways.com/img/south.gif

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast