Like Tree17Likes

Suggestions for Easter

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Suggestions for Easter

Our last 6 holidays or so have involved slogging up big hills with heavy packs .. often in rain, snow or other nasty conditions.

We have therefore decided to take a Leisure Break ... somewhere Nice.

Any suggestions?

Looking for something with a bit of luxury, direct flight from HK, less than 3 hours flying, with ideally a 5-star resort at the end of it, not too much transfers, where the food is safe to eat without getting sick and the staff know the meaning of the word customer service (so no China suggestions pls!).

Vaguely thinking Phuket or Cebu (having been to neither) - in which case - hotels?

Is it better to book packages or direct? Any other advice? This is NOT what we normally do, so I'm open to advice

I don't think Cebu fits Nice with a capital N.

If money is no object then consider the Aman resorts which I read some great things about (but are a bit out of my price range).

Easiest is Phuket or Kho Samui but beware April is the hottest time of the year and it's Songkhran. Anywhere in the Laguna area would be a few minutes from the airport with good food and excellent service.

My Cebu experience at the Shangri La was only average and I didn't think the property was well maintained but they may have renovated since. The grounds and the beach were nice... I find food in the Philippines unexciting at best.

Kota Kinabalu has several nice resorts and I really like the food in town. I stayed at the Sutera Harbour before and it was fine, Rasa Ria was OK.

Packages usually give you a slightly better deal if you want something uncomplicated...

Bali a little further, I know, but worth it.

Alila Ubud Bali Hotel, should hit the spot if peace, quiet and some well earned pampering is in order.

Last edited by Skyhook; 14-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Kota Kinabalu is good - stayed at Sutera Harbour, Nexus, Shangrila Rasa Ria. You get the beach, golf if you want and mountain excursion or you can visit the small town too. Hotels not as luxurious as those in Bali.
    Bali is great - plenty of 5 star hotels to choose from.
    Any place in Japan is good experience too.

Why not visit Cathay Pacific website for their packages (hotels and flights). They have some which are for premium travel - ie. better hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I don't think Cebu fits Nice with a capital N.

If money is no object then consider the Aman resorts which I read some great things about (but are a bit out of my price range).
    Hmm - not quite that much money! Looks nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired:
    Kota Kinabalu is good - stayed at Sutera Harbour, Nexus, Shangrila Rasa Ria. You get the beach, golf if you want and mountain excursion or you can visit the small town too. Hotels not as luxurious as those in Bali.
    Bali is great - plenty of 5 star hotels to choose from.
    Any place in Japan is good experience too.

Why not visit Cathay Pacific website for their packages (hotels and flights). They have some which are for premium travel - ie. better hotels.
    I did look at the Cathay website. Done KK - not that impressed. Bali is abit far but I'll have another look.

Why don't you join that girl who doesn't know which random person to go with, let alone where to go?

JaredHK and Dreadnought like this.

I strongly recommend Boracay.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    I strongly recommend Boracay.
    Nice place but two plane rides and a boat trip isn't exactly easy transfers.
    Char Siu King likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast