Hong Kong to Guangzhou by land or water?

Closed Thread

Wink Hong Kong to Guangzhou by land or water?

Can anyone help give me advice on how to get to Guangzhou from Hong Kong. By air it costs aprox. 1065 HK dollars. Is there a less expensive way to get there in a reasonable amount of time.
    Thank you.

John.:confused

depending which part of guangzhou you're going too... you can try CTS travel coaches which are located at the Metropark hotel exit on Prince Edward 太子 MTR. Once you exit cross the road towards the left, you should notice a number of coaches parked there and 2 rows of shops left and right. CTS coaches is in the middle of the right row, and further down to your left at the corner end is another coach company which goes to Foshan etc.
    Cost about hk160-200 return trip depending on time of travel and to guangzhou takes about 2 and a half hours all in.

hope that helps

Have tried all the modes ... Train is the best !
    Try the KTT ones if you can adjust your time as per the KTT schedule ..

i think train is the best choice.

yah, plus there was this robbery that happened on the bus en route to guangzhou a few months ago. so i'm thinking the train is safer too. the train leaves from hung hom station and takes a little less than two hours i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by greenietea:
    yah, plus there was this robbery that happened on the bus en route to guangzhou a few months ago. so i'm thinking the train is safer too. the train leaves from hung hom station and takes a little less than two hours i believe.
    That was one of the buses that stops places onroute, most of the other coaches don't stop from Huanggang to GZ. I usually take KCR to Lowu and train from Lowu to GZ, similar cost to coach and much quicker.

After 5 years of going back and forst to GZ every week: Direct train from Hung Hom to GZ is the best and the saviest way to Go. (190 Hk$ one way)

Recently the GZ to SZ rail was under upgrade and the local train service from GZ to SZ (70Rmb one way) was delay and slower.... the 55 minutes journey take up to 1h30 with a average departure delay of 30 minutes. (What a mess)

Bus is good for price (Did not take it for so long... Not sure the price) but not for time: You know when you leave, never know when you arrive, traffic is very uncertain.

So far I've had no problem taking buses to Foshan, Shunde and Panyu, GZ

I've never tried the train but I guess I will now.