Like Tree3Likes

Anyone here flown with Tiger Airway?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I plan to take Tiger for my trip to Singapore. Any comments?

flown from Macau to Philippines, typical NO FRILLS airline. Nothing exciting or bad to say about it. It was only for a Hour or so the flight, bought a can of beer for $20, didnt buy the meal as already stuffed myself at the restaurant.

Flew from Singapore to Phuket with them... It was fine. It's just another cheap airline. Perfect for cheap short haul trips with no luggage

We flew with them last year to SIN. It was basic no frills airlines, if you want food and drink they are available for purchase on-board. The seats on the planes were a bit worn out, but for the price we paid, can't complain. You can check-in luggage for additional fee., they are very strict in Singapore regarding your hand-carried luggage weight, you will be asked to put your things on the scale, and any weight over the limit (7 kg I think), they will charge you a fee. You will be flying in and out of the budget terminal in Singapore.

the last i flew them. they are ok. from HK to SG.
    but the flight was half empty over that weekend so the risk we run is whether they will cancel it ..

heard of flights canceled because of lack of pilots so that might make your last flight of the day schedule abit worrisome. but i figure the airlines are paying same rate prying each other's pilots so no reason for other budget to avoid such potential issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HKfornow:
    they are very strict in Singapore regarding your hand-carried luggage weight, you will be asked to put your things on the scale, and any weight over the limit (7 kg I think), they will charge you a fee.
    That is their policy but depends on the person working apparently. They've never paid attetion to my hand-carried luggage. Literally not even a look at it!

i got caught that time. the guy was funny.
    i walked back, to the counter, then couldn't find anyone. so went back thru teh security guard, spoke to the guy and told him there's nobody at the counter. the guy stadning guard followed me all the way back out.. interim everyone got a free pass. then admitted that nobody was there to collect the excess charges so i was waived

Nice thing about Tiger to Singapore is they fly into the Budget Terminal, which is much smaller and easier to get through than the main terminals at SIN. Often they are the cheapest way to SIN if catch their specials.

tiger is fairly good, however they have been cancelling a lot of flights in teh past few months due to staff shortages. also, you fly in/out of teh budget terminal in singapore, which is a bit of a hassle.
    i usually fly jetstar - around the same price, better planes & you fly in & out of T1.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    tiger is fairly good, however they have been cancelling a lot of flights in teh past few months due to staff shortages. also, you fly in/out of teh budget terminal in singapore, which is a bit of a hassle.
    i usually fly jetstar - around the same price, better planes & you fly in & out of T1.
    I don't find the budget terminal a hassle. Either catch a taxi direct there, or there is a free shuttle bus from the main terminal every few minutes.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast