Like Tree3Likes

Indonesia or Combodia?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I felt safe in both places.

I felt both countries were very welcoming. travelling within Indonesia (unless plane) is a bit more complicated (since many islands)

Never been abused or cheated in both places.

Indonesia is brutally hit by natural disasters, Cambodia was brutally hit by Pol Pot and his clique, both countries long for peaceful development.
    Thanks Mat.

I sort of chickened out and booked a trip to Phuket, as I didn't want long flights to reach my destination, which was the case with Bali(7-9 hours), where as I get to Phuket in less than 4 hours.

Could any one tell me if I can remove THBs from the atms there using my HK HSBC card?
    Also, I'd be reaching there close to midnight, is it safe to take a cab from the airport to Patong? Or should I go for those expensive limo services?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I sort of chickened out and booked a trip to Phuket, as I didn't want long flights to reach my destination, which was the case with Bali(7-9 hours), where as I get to Phuket in less than 4 hours.
    Phnom Phen is 2 hours and 30 mn from HK :-)
    Bali is 4.5 hours from HK ;-)

Have a good time to Phuket anyway ))

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Bali is 4.5 hours from HK ;-)

Have a good time to Phuket anyway ))
    When I checked on Zuji, it showed indirect flight time - 9 hours and direct - 7 hours.
    But thanks, I'll try and enjoy my lying by the poolside with a book and beer in each of my hand .

Could any one tell me if I can remove THBs from the atms there using my HK HSBC card?
    Also, I'd be reaching there close to midnight, is it safe to take a cab from the airport to Patong? Or should I go for those expensive limo services?
    Yep. No problem taking money out with an HSBC debit card, or even a credit card for a cash advance should you be clumsy and lose your debit card (as I have done...). The only thing is that ATMs on Thai islands are known to occasionally run out of cash, especially on weekends and late at night, so it may be wise to exchange some bhat in HK just in case that happens. Cabs are perfectly safe, but may not want to use the meter in which case you can try to find one that does or negotiate the fare, or just accept their price if you don't mind giving them a few hundred extra and can't be bothered haggling. Not using the meter is illegal, but hey, it's Thailand...
    gunsnroses likes this.

Man, Sihanoukville would have been great. Had I seen this thread earlier, I have the number of this guy who drove us in his car from Phnom Penh down to our guest house in Sihanoukville. He'd be the one to speak with to receive you at the airport, drive you down and then, at the end of your trip, drive you straight back to the airport.

I just hope he found someone to marry his daughter, because he offered to introduce her to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Man, Sihanoukville would have been great. Had I seen this thread earlier, I have the number of this guy who drove us in his car from Phnom Penh down to our guest house in Sihanoukville. He'd be the one to speak with to receive you at the airport, drive you down and then, at the end of your trip, drive you straight back to the airport.

I just hope he found someone to marry his daughter, because he offered to introduce her to us.
    Hmmm, too late, even that night when we had beers, we didn't come around to indonesia/combodia trip.

Ohh, probably he liked your demeanour and wanted a "nice suitable boy" like yourself for his young nubile good daughter...

Ohh, probably he liked your demeanour and wanted a "nice suitable boy" like yourself for his young nubile good daughter...
    "Nice suitable boy" ... see if he still feels that way after talking to my ex-girlfriend(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    "Nice suitable boy" ... see if he still feels that way after talking to my ex-girlfriend(s)!
    As long as they don't show the whip marks, you'll be fine...