Like Tree6Likes

Guangzhou South Railway Station

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kaiping to the west of Macau / Zhuhai is good for a couple of days. Direct buses from Prince Edward (around 3 hrs) makes getting there easy.

However, with the high speed trains, a lot more of southern China is getting within easy reach of Hong Kong for weekend trips.

bryant.english likes this.

For others heading the same way.

eebus - Mongkok (Pitt St) to Guangzhou South train Station (HK$120, one departure at 0800.

There are also direct buses to Qingyuan.

The Motor Transport Company of Guangdong and Hong Kong Ltd.

Departures from Austin Rd, Kowloon at 0715, 0900, 1400 and 1730. Cost HK$130 and journey time around 4-5hours.

bryant.english likes this.

You might take a look at the trains departing from Lu Wo railway station - we took one from there and I think (but cannot swear to it) that it stopped at the South Station before getting to the East Station.

Thanks, but after looking at some online timetables all the trains see to go to Guangzhou East or Guangzhou from Shenzhen.

There is a bus from Lowu coach station that goes to guangzhou south. costs around 65 RMB

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    There is a bus from Lowu coach station that goes to guangzhou south. costs around 65 RMB
    Do you know if there are regular departures?

I am not sure but I guess there are regular departures since their targets are the travellers who take the high speed trains at Guangzhou South.

Getting the bus from LoWu would be a good option for most people.

We ended up on the 'ee' bus leaving at 8am from Mongkok. Getting through Huanggang was easy compared to past memories - and by 0930 we were on the bus going from Shenzhen towards Guangzhou South. The bus makes a couple of stops, and you might have to change to another bus to the final destination depending on the driver / number of passengers. Cantonese is spoken more than Mandarin; English wasn't. We arrived at Guangzhou South at 11:30. We were on the train heading north at 12:30 having spent around 10 minutes figuring out where / how to get tickets - we initially tried the automatic ticket machines, which have an English function, but then discovered that you needed a Chinese ID card to use them. At the ticket window we had to show our passports and the passport number was printed on our tickets.

If you are heading north, I think the high speed trains are increasingly an attractive option compared to flying.