Question regarding QUEEN SPA - Shenzhen

Closed Thread

Question regarding QUEEN SPA - Shenzhen

Hi,

I have had a hard time finding a solid answer to my question and it appears Queen Spa's website is currently down so I can't look there.

From what I have heard, spending 168 YUAN at Queen Spa in Shenzhen grants you 24 hour access to all their amenities, to the point where you could actually use the beds provided in this service as a "hotel" or sorts and sleep there overnight.

Is there any truth to this or am I missing something? It sounds like a deal that's too good to be true...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by c2customs:
    Hi,

I have had a hard time finding a solid answer to my question and it appears Queen Spa's website is currently down so I can't look there.

From what I have heard, spending 168 YUAN at Queen Spa in Shenzhen grants you 24 hour access to all their amenities, to the point where you could actually use the beds provided in this service as a "hotel" or sorts and sleep there overnight.

Is there any truth to this or am I missing something? It sounds like a deal that's too good to be true...

Chris
    Last time we went via Huang Gong port and they sold us coupons for ¥108. Queen Spa also has unlimited free fruit, ice cream and soft drinks while you are there.

There are some places a bit cheaper, but they are all pretty much the same (in terms of these "luxury" spas.

Yes - it's true. I don't know the exact amount you have to spend, but the whole "use the spa as a hotel" is pretty common. I know several people who do it.

We have had one or two weird experiences with this sort of stuff more recently - stayed in a place last year and were told that couples, married or otherwise, were not allowed to stay in a room together, and at a different place were told that they would have to take a copy of our passports in order to let us stay. The no-couples thing (apparently an anti-prostitution measure) was annoying, but we stayed in separate, adjoining, rooms anyway, but the passport thing was a deal-breaker for me, since I had no intention of handing it over to them.

I should say that in the case of the no-couples thing, I was there with my local gf and her (married) brother and sister-in-law, and in the case of the passport thing just with my gf - so in neither case was there a language issue, at at least in the first case, the rule was applied equally to the Chinese couple as to the mixed. Just in case anyone wanted to see bias...

Neither of these were in Queen's Spa.

For the passport thing, I think its regulation for any facility in China that offers overnight stay to have a photocopy of a foreigner's passport. I remember when staying in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and other places in China, they always require me to leave my passport. Before the Spas in SZ would not require this, but I guess as more people are treating them as "mini hotels" then the government is now requiring this.

Also, I haven't been to Queen's Spa in over a year (I usually go to Gold Coast) but when I was there, I remember they did not offer unlimited drinks, just fruit and ice cream. I guess things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    For the passport thing, I think its regulation for any facility in China that offers overnight stay to have a photocopy of a foreigner's passport. I remember when staying in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and other places in China, they always require me to leave my passport. Before the Spas in SZ would not require this, but I guess as more people are treating them as "mini hotels" then the government is now requiring this.

Also, I haven't been to Queen's Spa in over a year (I usually go to Gold Coast) but when I was there, I remember they did not offer unlimited drinks, just fruit and ice cream. I guess things have changed.
    They still do not offer unlimited drinks, it's just fountain soft drinks.

The reason your passport was requested was because the local governments tightened up on all the spas for the Asian games. They have relaxed the rules a bit again, but be prepared to hand over passports again soon when the Universiade games are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    They still do not offer unlimited drinks, it's just fountain soft drinks.

The reason your passport was requested was because the local governments tightened up on all the spas for the Asian games. They have relaxed the rules a bit again, but be prepared to hand over passports again soon when the Universiade games are coming.
    When I said drinks, I meant all non alcoholic so things such as soda, iced team, coffee etc. Even those drinks were not unlimited before, have they changed that now?

For the passport thing, they just asked for a photocopy, they didn't hold onto my passport for any longer than 1 min to make the copy.

I was there two weeks ago. Soft drinks were free Shame about the man having intimate thigh rub on lazy boy next to me. Eugh. Apart from that awesome place to visit!
    Posted via Mobile Device