cebu pacific

cebu pacific

Has anyone travelled by cebu pacific? Is it ok to buy a cebu pacific flight for my helper's annual holiday? I have no problem travelling budget airlines myself in Europe and am travelling oasishongkong with my family to London but not sure if it's the same comparison!

my colleague's flown Cebu Pacific every month since it started (it's pretty new right, think it started late '06-Jan'07?), says it's not bad at all. so yeah i say go for it.

Cebu actually has the one of the newest plane fleet in the world. They were actually giving PHP1 fares last month on all flights (plus tax) to celebrate this.

I am not sure that they consider themselves a budget airline - rather a low-cost airline that is well managed. I think I would prefer to fly them rather than the major airline from that country.

Got 2 tickets to Cebu for the long weekend in Jul for only HKD750 last month.

Personally, I would never fly on any low cost airline; I fly quite a bit for leisure but am nervous flyers so stick to the top airlines where I tend to feel more secure. No mention of them on skytrax yet which I find a good source of info.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenue:
    my colleague's flown Cebu Pacific every month since it started (it's pretty new right, think it started late '06-Jan'07?), says it's not bad at all. so yeah i say go for it.
    actually not that new..about 11 years old. From their website:

"Cebu Pacific (CEB), the low fare leader in the Philippines entered the market on March 1996 and pioneered the ?low fare, great value? strategy in the local aviation industry."

but they have re-planed their fleet, completed this Mar. with new Airbus A319s

I have family and friends who have flown Cebu Pacific from Manila to HK and vice-versa and they've had good experiences with them.

thanks for the replies! if i can't get a cheaper CX flight soon, will definitely get the cebu pacific fare (almost half the priceof CX and pAL)!