Now I know never to fly BA

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    You need to get out more Jim. Still think the cargo hold would have been a better option but then hey I don't fly much so what do I know.
    Hold it is not accessible from the cabin (no matter what you might see in movies).
    Cabin crew rest area also not really an option ? for most planes would be difficult to get a body in there in the first place and next to impossible to get it out once rigor mortis has set in.

Main consideration is how to remove the body from the plane after the flight (I have seen food trolley being used for this purpose ), that probably was why it was put in first class ? closer to the door and more room to maneuver.
    Another problem is that corpses will often release ?bodily fluids? ? that is why some airlines will wrap the body in plastic and/or (as mentioned) put it in one of the toilet cubicles.

Really no good solution for this problem that I am aware of. If there were, airlines would have figured it out by now ? quite a few people die on planes.

How does the food get to the galleys?

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    How does the food get to the galleys?
    Er, the trolleys are loaded from trucks through the right hand side doors (that's the main reason planes have them!). Have you never watched your plane been supplied while waiting at the gate? You seem to be under the misapprehension that the food is stored in the cargo hold? It isn't - it's all loaded into the galley areas.
    Last edited by PDLM; 26-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Er, yes I do.

A dead body cant smell worse than some of the people I have sat next to over the years !