Like Tree10Likes

Zuji - Managers Phone Number Wanted

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I've always believed that the only person that will truly look after my interests is reflected in the mirror every morning.
    Hmmm, that goes without saying as if you don't know what your interests are then you won't get anywhere.

On a recent trip I took in the US, Caribbean and South America, I was quoted between 15-20K by four separate agents in HK. I did it for just over 11K researching and booking by myself directly with each airline...

I've always believed that the only person that will truly look after my interests is reflected in the mirror every morning.
    YouTube - Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (Original Clip)

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Hmmm, that goes without saying as if you don't know what your interests are then you won't get anywhere.
    Did you use Google translate to produce this gem?

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Sorry it was HK Express which I think is Dragon Air.
    Eh? Dragonair is a high quality, full service subsidiary of Cathay. HK Express is a small pile of crap, largely charter operator who nobody in their right mind would touch with a bargepole. How could you possibly confuse the two?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Dragonair is a high quality, full service subsidiary of Cathay. HK Express is a small pile of crap, largely charter operator who nobody in their right mind would touch with a bargepole. How could you possibly confuse the two?
    Umm, not mistaken identity, a no thrills airline none the least. I thought it was a subsidiary low cost airline owned by Dragonair.

I have probably flown them about 6-7 times each in the last year and besides the cabin crew for Dragonair are better is the only difference.

Yet both airlines have the same 4 star rating on Skytrax which is far better than most airlines. Guess your opinion is far from being shared with everyone...

I've flown HK Express and it was perfectly fine. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

Yet both airlines have the same 4 star rating on Skytrax which is far better than most airlines. Guess your opinion is far from being shared with everyone...
    Skytrax ratings are bought not earned. They bear only a passing link to reality as anyone who hangs out on frequent flyer forums will tell you.

Original Post Deleted
    Fast buck? nope. He charges me the same or perhaps 1-200 more than what I would pay the discounters. In return, he gives me *service* which I dont mind paying for. As for not knowing better : I'm in the industry and I was a past shareholder in a locally well known internet travel startup. I know the business and I choose where I spend my money.

Its obvious you disagree and I wish you luck with your travels. If anything does go wrong and you need some assistance, you can look in the mirror because the discounters just wont help you.

HAND
    HC
    shri likes this.

Skytrax ratings are bought not earned. They bear only a passing link to reality as anyone who hangs out on frequent flyer forums will tell you.
    While airline travel is somewhat of a subjective topic, your claim that the ratings are bought is unsubstantiated by anything other than people who have different opinion than the ratings. I have personally found those ratings fair though a positive experience is never a guarantee. Your claim becomes even more ridiculous when you take into account the fact that HK Express is a small discount airline with nowhere the kind of budget that a giant like Dragonair and Cathay possess. If anyone had the money to buy those ratings, it's far more likely to be those two and not the latter...

It is also worth noting that based on people's review, HK express(7.5) also gets a higher mark than Cathay(6.6) and Dragonair(7.3)

I recently had my best and most comfortable transpacific flight on Delta(3.9) and found it much more comfortable than the Cathay experience though it was very specific to the HK-Detroit leg as the domestic one not the same in terms of service.

So, we can either take your learned opinion as the ultimate truth or make a judgment based on other less biased evidence available as to the kind of airline HK Express is and whether Cathay/Dragonair are so much superior as you claim.

Personally, I think you're full of sht but that's only my personal opinion. People are free to make their own unbiased judgment with the evidence available...