Like Tree1Likes

Tourists places at Guangzhou

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We stayed in the Westin near the East Rail station - it meets all your criteria except (I'm assuming) price. They have their signature "sweet sleeper" beds ... It was a good location. Other starwoods hotels also have those beds, worth a look to see if any are cheap.

I spent a week in Guangzhou one day!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if you book a hotel a few stops aways from chimelong, it's a lot cheaper, a decentish hotel will be at a fraction of the price ( that what i did) and you'll be in budget
    *smile*
    unfortunately, there is no good way to find out if the beds are hard or soft without actually staying there or getting a recomendation.
    *smile*

HC

Redtory Arts District, like a South China 798 in the making, is worth going if you're into arts. Half a day should be enough for wandering through the area, visiting a couple of galleries and having nice tea and lunch. See 红专厂 for directions and more info. Seems that it hasn't been properly discovered yet, so it's still nice and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    *smile*
    unfortunately, there is no good way to find out if the beds are hard or soft without actually staying there or getting a recomendation.
    *smile*

HC
    I disagree. Starwoods hotels sell on the basis of "heavenly bed" or "sweet sleeper bed" - they should be standard globally. Obviously, I don't know if any local chains do!

See here: http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/bed.aspx

And here:http://www.sheraton-hotelsathome.com...&itemID=SH-124
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 27-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.