Best way to travel from saikung to kowloon station

Closed Thread

Best way to travel from saikung to kowloon station

Dear All,
    Does anyone here know the best way to travel to kowloon station from saikung ( by bus or mtr)? Any information would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Wd

Not sure if this operates all the time, but I generally catch the red-top public light bus (from outside the sports stadium) which goes direct to Mongkok, from where you can find other buses/taxi - that's probably the fastest.
    Otherwise, take the 92 to Diamond Hill (slow) or the green minibus to Choi Hung MTR station and run around to Kowloon (annoying connections I think).
    I guess you could take the green minibus to Hang Hau and then come via the Island Line and connect at Central - hard to say how long that would take though.

The route via Mongkok is easily the quickest particularly if you pick up a taxi in Mongkok for the final 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I guess you could take the green minibus to Hang Hau and then come via the Island Line and connect at Central - hard to say how long that would take though.
    I actually did this way today. Quickest method outside of a taxi. The green mini bus is 101.

I believe there's a no 74 minibus that leaves from Mongkok going to Kowloon Station.
    You would need to catch the red MK minibus and get off at Sai Yee Street (at the train station). Then walk through to Luen Wan Street (via Bute Street)

Google 地圖

Transport Department - Kowloon GMB Route No. 74

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I actually did this way today. Quickest method outside of a taxi. The green mini bus is 101.
    Out of interest, how long did that take? I would guess the route via Mongkok (with a taxi connection) is approx 40-50 mins. (30-35 mins on the minibus; 0-5 mins transfer; 5-10mins taxi).

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Out of interest, how long did that take? I would guess the route via Mongkok (with a taxi connection) is approx 40-50 mins. (30-35 mins on the minibus; 0-5 mins transfer; 5-10mins taxi).
    There was a bit of traffic getting out of Sai Kung back from the first meetup hike I did on Sunday afternoon. The mini bus was around 30 minutes, usually it takes 20 minutes with no traffic. The bus was full so didn't stop. From the MTR Hang Hau it was around 25 minutes. Cost of around $20. 55 minutes.

Compared to my outward trip I got a taxi to Diamond Hill, 15 minutes. 5 min wait for the 92 bus and then 40 minutes to Sai Kung. One hour all up. Cost of $65.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    There was a bit of traffic getting out of Sai Kung back from the first meetup hike I did on Sunday afternoon. The mini bus was around 30 minutes, usually it takes 20 minutes with no traffic. The bus was full so didn't stop. From the MTR Hang Hau it was around 25 minutes. Cost of around $20. 55 minutes.

Compared to my outward trip I got a taxi to Diamond Hill, 15 minutes. 5 min wait for the 92 bus and then 40 minutes to Sai Kung. One hour all up. Cost of $65.
    Interesting - thanks. The traffic issue is the same for every form of transport out of Sai Kung I think which is the reason I would not live there - but it's always good to figure out the different options.
    Hope you enjoyed the hike. I did mine on Saturday (also out of Sai Kung).
    It has to be one of the hardest places to get to quickly in HK - which, I guess, is why it's still so nice!

The hike was pretty hard 3.02 and a bit of bushwacking inbetween! wasn't prepared for that with shorts. It was good we could do a few swims though! I got pretty sun burnt, though I used plenty of sunscreen but just sweated it off!

I wouldn't have done it though without someone with local knowledge.

Ha ha. Sounds like something Galia might lead.

Thanks for the advices, i will try to take mongkok bus and take another bus from MK
    again thank you very much!