Travel Locations with the most friendly people

Closed Thread

Travel Locations with the most friendly people

I always enjoy going to locations and the first thing you see as you exit the plane is smiling faces as you join the immigration line, and a warm reception from the locals as you leave the airport. Of course, that is just a start, but what I really want to know from the members is where are some of the places you've been that have such friendly people?

thailand. people there are so nice and hospitable (not so much the immigration people though).

>> not so much the immigration people though

Or taxi drivers in Bangkok.

It's odd but of all the places that I've been to, Australia seems to have the friendliest immigration officers. Very chatty and friendly. Never once I had an unfriendly or grouchy immigration officer in Australia,

Thailand- Thais are known for their hospitality and grace.

Aussies- They like chatting and are always willing to leave their line of work to assist...

Americans- Quite okie but in a rush and a block to them is like a mile to us...that is if u have not lived in USA.

Japanese- Always willing to pleased but the "SalaryMen"r a little impatient thou.

Taiwanese- Cute, sweet and friendly but has big actions..

Okie thats about it....

Last edited by MelissaM; 04-05-2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: addition

I would have to say Philippines.....People always have a smile on their face..it is really refreshing.

Ghana - some of the most friendliest people anywhere. especially if you're a girl traveling solo, they really look out for you.

Canada- nice people overall, but the most non friendly and interrogative customs people at the Vancouver airport.

Phillipines and Thailand- some of the friendliest people in Asia

Mexico - friendly people, especially outside of Mexico city. oaxaca is especially nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bing:
    Ghana - some of the most friendliest people anywhere. especially if you're a girl traveling solo, they really look out for you.

Canada- nice people overall, but the most non friendly and interrogative customs people at the Vancouver airport.

Phillipines and Thailand- some of the friendliest people in Asia

Mexico - friendly people, especially outside of Mexico city. oaxaca is especially nice.
    i forgot midwestern US - very friendly, down to earth peeps, especially Iowa (i grew up there so i should know )

Lots of places! I tend to find if you smile, they respond in kind in most places....

...but I especially recall last year, when camping around lake Khovsgol in Mongolia, several of us were quite desperate to watch one of the games during the World Cup, and came across this old man's home, which happened to have a TV...

It was late, he'd never met us before, but he ushered us into his one roomed house, invited us to sit on his only bed, share his vodka and unpasturised curdled milk chunks out of a hessian sack (not for the faint hearted), and grinned his way through the whole match. Amazing chap.

Friendliest welcome at immigration would have to be at Puerto Rico. Only, the chat each person in the queue had with the officer meant that it took a little while to get through... but you did get through smiling!