Question about Flight via Beijing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As far as I can see, that's because flying to North America they're competing with crappy American airlines so they use their old planes (on which the AVOD only works in business and first). To Europe they use their newer planes with AVOD in all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    If u are flying from HKG to Deutchland via PEK, and you do not leave the international terminal, you will only need an Amex card since they will not take Visa or Mastercard there.

Seriously, you wont even need to show your passport or anything if you are just transferrring to another plane and as long as you stay within the international terminal.
    I am sorry, but what you write is incorrect.

I have frequent stopovers in Beijing.
    You have to go through a channel where they will chop your passport, even if you just stay in the international zone of Terminal 3.
    A China visa is not required.
    And I think passport validity is irrelevant as that is only a requirement for a visa.
    Last edited by Morrison; 26-05-2011 at 10:04 PM.

I fly into BJ at least a minimum of 3 times a month, the only places where they stamp your passport is when you go through China immigration. If one remains in T3, there is no place to get your passport stamped. If you fly into T3, stay within the confines of T3 to switch planes, then you will not need a visa, nor will anyone stamp your passport.

If they stamped your passport, you have already entered into mainland China, and you cannot get into mainland China without a Visa unless you are with one of those countries that has Visa free access to China.

This applies to almost every country I have ever flown into that had an international terminal. Korea, Japan, USA, Canada, HKG, were all the same. Connecting flights do not need visas nor do their passports get stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    I am sorry, but what you write is incorrect.

I have frequent stopovers in Beijing.
    You have to go through a channel where they will chop your passport, even if you just stay in the international zone of Terminal 3.
    A China visa is not required.
    And I think passport validity is irrelevant as that is only a requirement for a visa.

Air China is not that bad, it could be China Eastern or Sichuan Airlines, those are really shitty.

well, then let's see how it goes for OP

I will report back if I dont forget ;-)