Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BenderBends
  • 1 Post By 100LL

Skype on iPhone 3 in China

Closed Thread

Skype on iPhone 3 in China

I will be in Beijing for about 11 hours next week and want to use Skype on my iPhone 3 there. It works here in Hong Kong as I call my wife on her mobile at times in Vancouver. We have some sort of paid Skype account.

Do I need to download from Tom online the Skype China partner? Skype简体中文版官方网站-最清晰的免费网络电话

I use 3 as my mobile service but don't have it so I can use it in China. I am one of those whose eyes glaze over as they go over these plans.

Any preferred options for 11 hours.

you can get a 1 day pass i think for roaming in china from 3, probably the easiest route.
    also, you can use directly your skype account without needing to download from Tom.

Football16 likes this.

Or if they have a Starbucks at the Airport in Beijing you could use their Wifi (ask for Wifi password at counter, at least that's how they handle it in SZ). 3 international roaming package is HK$ 68 for a day.

three.com.hk 3G 香港

Football16 likes this.

Thanks this is all good advice. I have got cards before in China but for the few calls there I need to make it is not worth it. Not to mention the language hassles in places like Suzhou.

You can use your non China Skype in China. Do not download and install Skype Tom. Tom is filled with Ads, censorship, and spyware.