Russia Trip

Russia Trip

hi!!!
    I'm planning to go to Russia in winter (sounds crazy?!). I have some initial info,but that's not enough to plan my trip. Any advice would be helpful (costs, sites, places etc.)! Are there any travel agents providing such tours?

Hi Margarita,

Whereabout in Russia you would like to visit? I think 1USD = 26 / 30 Rubles, not too sure. If you are in Moscow nice hotel to stay is Kempinski Baltschug
    5*which is 5 minutes walk to the red square. And in St. Petersburg, Grand Hotel Europe 5* w/c is 10 mins walk to the enormous Hermitage Palace.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita
    hi!!!
    I'm planning to go to Russia in winter (sounds crazy?!). I have some initial info,but that's not enough to plan my trip. Any advice would be helpful (costs, sites, places etc.)! Are there any travel agents providing such tours?

Margarita,

I am Russian living in HK, I'd be happy to share info. Travelling in Russia as a foreign tourist can be mega expensive (especially if you stay in the 5* hotels mentioned by iduj) but I believe there are now places to suit many budgets. I recommend St Petersburg - first and foremost - and then may be Moscow (if you are into history and Red Square) and so called Golden Ring.

It all depends where your interests lie, how far you are prepared to travel and put up with lack of familiar comforts. Many foreigners take Trassiberian from Moscow to Beijing - now that's the trip I'd never be tempted to make!

Quote Originally Posted by Khema
    Margarita,

I am Russian living in HK, I'd be happy to share info. Travelling in Russia as a foreign tourist can be mega expensive (especially if you stay in the 5* hotels mentioned by iduj) but I believe there are now places to suit many budgets. I recommend St Petersburg - first and foremost - and then may be Moscow (if you are into history and Red Square) and so called Golden Ring.

It all depends where your interests lie, how far you are prepared to travel and put up with lack of familiar comforts. Many foreigners take Trassiberian from Moscow to Beijing - now that's the trip I'd never be tempted to make!
    I subscribe to what Khema has mentioned. Being also a Russian native I can advice you to consider Far East (Sakhalin Island could be a good option in respect of ski, hot springs, culture, history) region as well and then take a train across the Russia right to the heart of the country - Moscow & St.Petersburg.
    Good luck!