Where to stay in Guilin?

Closed Thread

Where to stay in Guilin?

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to stay in Guilin?
    Looking for a nice place 3-4 star'ish as I am pregnant and would rather be on the safer side.

Thanks!

I think there's a Holiday Inn there- I think it was one we stayed in.
    A Google search should spit a few places out. Otherwise go to a CTS (There's one in Central and one in Wanchai) and ask them as you get a good rate.

Last September as part of a 12 day 4 city tour, we stayed at the

Guilin Park Hotel (4 star)
    No.1 Luoshishan, Diecai District, Guilin 541001,
    Tel: 0773-282 8899
    Fax: 0773-282 7209

It was my favourite hotel of the entire trip as it was NOT a high rise but a beautiful 2 or 3 story hotel with a moutain at the back and water (a river??) at the front. Great walks to be had right out the front door and on Friday nights the main road (about 10 minutes away) has a local flea market.

I couldn't find a picture so here is a url link that has some nice shots of the hotel

http://www.cbw.com/hotel/park-guilin/

Betty

Are you sure you want to stay in Guilin, not nearby Yangshuo?

Most people will agree that Yangshuo is much better, with the cafes and closer access to the countryside.

And there is now an excellent choice of Hotels in Yangshuo. I stay at the 'Fawlty Towers' (no this is not a joke)! just accross the road from Yangshuo bus station. Room with Aircon, big beds, and clean Western bathroom and hot water. As at last October it cost only RMB60.