Buses in HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Red or green who cares no one bothers to queue anyway.
    Who will queue if NOT being forced to.

Nowadays who really will queue? Did you queue all the time?

I see a lot people didn't queue, even sometime in very grand hotel buffet. In this situation, people should be very manners but they still didn't queue. If their boss there, then they automatically will queue. (A forced to example )

In bus stand, who care to queue?

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:
    I am not agree with red mini buses are faster than the other bus. Sometime you have to wait at certain bus stand for more than 10 minutes because driver wait the bus being fill up.

But the other buses past the very major road only, you need to walk a distance home from bus stand. Red mini buses will pass by all "hot spot" to drop and pick up, it maybe you apartment downstair, if you are lucky.

For me, I still prefer other bus compare with red mini bus.
    I agree you may sometimes wait 10 minutes (same with big buses though is it not?) But most red mini buses will be happy to go over the speed limit. Whereas big buses go well below the speed limit and are not direct to your location. Big Buses on many roads need to stop and wait for another bus to move before getting in, once again stopping and load up and go. Mini buses barely stop when people get on and off and they don't have a set spot, so no need to wait for anything to move.

For example:

Tsz Wan Shan to Mong Kok.

KMB Bus 3C
    Tsz Wan Shan -Wong Tai Sin - Lok Fu -Kowloon Tong - Kowloon City - Mong Kok 21 stops from first in Tsz Wan Shan to Mong Kok MTR station. Granted you may not stop at all of them, still lots of stops.

Red Mini Bus
    Tsz Wan Shan -Wong Tai Sin -Sam Po Kong -Kowloon City -Mong Kok No set amount of stops, but I would say in general there are 5 pickups and 3 drop offs (Including both terminus)

If you are familiar with the areas mentioned above you will know which route is more direct. I personally drive the same route as the mini bus as it is by far the fastest way to Mong Kok.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    I agree you may sometimes wait 10 minutes (same with big buses though is it not?) But most red mini buses will be happy to go over the speed limit. Whereas big buses go well below the speed limit and are not direct to your location. Big Buses on many roads need to stop and wait for another bus to move before getting in, once again stopping and load up and go. Mini buses barely stop when people get on and off and they don't have a set spot, so no need to wait for anything to move.

For example:

Tsz Wan Shan to Mong Kok.

KMB Bus 3C
    Tsz Wan Shan -Wong Tai Sin - Lok Fu -Kowloon Tong - Kowloon City - Mong Kok 21 stops from first in Tsz Wan Shan to Mong Kok MTR station. Granted you may not stop at all of them, still lots of stops.

Red Mini Bus
    Tsz Wan Shan -Wong Tai Sin -Sam Po Kong -Kowloon City -Mong Kok No set amount of stops, but I would say in general there are 5 pickups and 3 drop offs (Including both terminus)

If you are familiar with the areas mentioned above you will know which route is more direct. I personally drive the same route as the mini bus as it is by far the fastest way to Mong Kok.
    At mid-night, the big buses didn't stop for all the stop. It not too time consuming.

My example, I always catch bus from Central, Wan Chai or North Point back to Yau Ma Tei at midnight. It usually faster if I get a Big bus compare with Red Mini buses.

So many stop, we have to wait the Red Mini bus being filled up. If from Central, red mini bus will drive slowly from Central to Wan Chai seeking passenger. In Wan Chai, they will stop along Hennessy Road especially opposite Southorn Playground (Close to Wan Chai MTR station). Wait until buses full or almost full. Then started the journey, until after cross the tunnel. At there, again they will wait for couple of minutes.

If the big buses, I just take N121 then change to N122 at bus stop after the tunnel (no extra charge for this). Even have to stop at few bus stop but they just to pick up and drop passenger only, NOT waiting for couple of minute.

So usually I will spent lesser time by Big buses compare with red mini buses.

Who will queue if NOT being forced to.

Nowadays who really will queue? Did you queue all the time?

I see a lot people didn't queue, even sometime in very grand hotel buffet. In this situation, people should be very manners but they still didn't queue. If their boss there, then they automatically will queue. (A forced to example )

In bus stand, who care to queue?
    I queue. You don't want to queue then good luck to you just don't try taking those habits to any other country outside of China. I see a lot of people spitting in the street and clipping their finger nails in public but that doesn't mean I'm going to do the same. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I queue. You don't want to queue then good luck to you just don't try taking those habits to any other country outside of China. I see a lot of people spitting in the street and clipping their finger nails in public but that doesn't mean I'm going to do the same. Get real.
    "just don't try taking those habits to any other country outside of China."

What are you try to highlight by this clause?

From my understanding, you try to say these behaviour happen in China only, no same incident happen in others country, so shouldn't bring it to others country outside of China.

At mid-night, the big buses didn't stop for all the stop. It not too time consuming.

My example, I always catch bus from Central, Wan Chai or North Point back to Yau Ma Tei at midnight. It usually faster if I get a Big bus compare with Red Mini buses.

So many stop, we have to wait the Red Mini bus being filled up. If from Central, red mini bus will drive slowly from Central to Wan Chai seeking passenger. In Wan Chai, they will stop along Hennessy Road especially opposite Southorn Playground (Close to Wan Chai MTR station). Wait until buses full or almost full. Then started the journey, until after cross the tunnel. At there, again they will wait for couple of minutes.

If the big buses, I just take N121 then change to N122 at bus stop after the tunnel (no extra charge for this). Even have to stop at few bus stop but they just to pick up and drop passenger only, NOT waiting for couple of minute.

So usually I will spent lesser time by Big buses compare with red mini buses.
    Never taken a mini bus from North Point to Mong Kok at midnight but have many times from Central/Wan Chai.

The mini bus at the bottom of Lan Kwai Fong waits to fill up, yes that is true, but even at 3am at that location it is about 5 minutes. Sometimes a little longer. (Don't you ever need to wait for big buses btw?) Then it goes up the road a little and down the street with Toys r us, then goes around a corner to get on to the main road going towards the tunnel. Speeding of course, then goes through the tunnel, catches the stop at the Kowloon end of the tunnel and then catches the road/flyover straight to South Yau Ma Tei and up Nathan Road to Mong Kok.

You must be getting the mini bus from somewhere other than Lan Kwai Fong. Perhaps Sheung Wan area? The Lan Kwai Fong mini bus never goes to Wan Chai.

As for Wan Chai, the bus does take a little longer to fill up, more about 10 minutes, then sometimes will drive around the block. So it may sometimes be longer than from LKF. But, it is still pretty fast.

Once again I can't comment on North Point as I have not taken it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2