Buses in HK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buses in HK

Hello people, I'm new to HK and was wondering if there are any night buses that go from Lan Kwai Fong directly to Shatin? If not, what buses must I take?

Any help is much appreciated.

The site http://www.ypmap.com has transportation maps for questions like this.

Also the individual bus company sites allow similar searches: http://www.kmb.hk http://www.citybus.com.hk

As i know, u can take an overnight bus N182.
    Or u can take a mini-bus to Mongkok and then take an overnight mini-bus to Shatin.

another idea you can consider is taking a taxi, faste and not too expensive in hk if your wallet allows it. there are taxi drivers you can call who can give a 10-15% discount off the meter (excluding tunnel fee). you just need to call them about 15 mins before you leave and they will radio through and find a taxi in your locality. some taxi drivers speak basic english but most cannot so you may need to find a cantonese speaker.

You get 30% off if the meter fare is over HKD100.

Thanks for all the help ppl. I now take the n182 home.
    Anyone got a number for those taxis? They sound like a good deal.

Can you read Chinese?

If can, you can buy "Public Transport Atlas" public by Universal Publications, Ltd.

It got all buses and green mini buses route. But no red mini buses route.

Red mini bus have to gain from your experience, Unpredictable!!! Which route they select (only the start and end point the same, the others vary depend on driver) , when they will request you go to other buses (combine 2 or 3 buses passenger in 1 bus), how many minute you have to wait at certain bus stop,etc... So many unpredictable incident.

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:
    Red mini bus have to gain from your experience, Unpredictable!!! Which route they select (only the start and end point the same, the others vary depend on driver) , when they will request you go to other buses (combine 2 or 3 buses passenger in 1 bus), how many minute you have to wait at certain bus stop,etc... So many unpredictable incident.

Red Mini bus doesn't have a set route, but generally they go the same way as the normally pick the fastest way as they want to get from start to finish as fast as possible to maximize the potential fares.

Red Mini buses are the next fastest thing to Private Car and Taxi. Problem is getting used to them if you are non Chinese reader/speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Red Mini bus doesn't have a set route, but generally they go the same way as the normally pick the fastest way as they want to get from start to finish as fast as possible to maximize the potential fares.

Red Mini buses are the next fastest thing to Private Car and Taxi. Problem is getting used to them if you are non Chinese reader/speaking.
    I am not agree with red mini buses are faster than the other bus. Sometime you have to wait at certain bus stand for more than 10 minutes because driver wait the bus being fill up.

But the other buses past the very major road only, you need to walk a distance home from bus stand. Red mini buses will pass by all "hot spot" to drop and pick up, it maybe you apartment downstair, if you are lucky.

For me, I still prefer other bus compare with red mini bus.

Red or green who cares no one bothers to queue anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast