Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By christolles

Difference between Economy/First/VIP on CKS Ferries?

Closed Thread

Difference between Economy/First/VIP on CKS Ferries?

Hello all,

I'll recently be taking a Chu Kong (CKS) ferry from HK to Zhongshan, a city north of Zhuhai on the west side of the Delta. It's about a 90 minute trip, and there are three classes of tickets:

Economy Class: HK$210
    First Class: HK$240
    VIP: HK$260

CKS doesn't seem to provide any info on their website about what's different between the tickets. Anybody know? It's a modest difference, so I'm tempted to buy a nicer ticket if it's worth it.

Thanks,
    Chris

First class is upstairs and generally larger more padded (think gaudy Chinese office management furniture) and you are first off at your destination, with economy waiting until first class has left. VIP is normally a room in front of first class with 4 sofa style seats. You'll get a bottle of water and a laughable attempt at a sandwich.

The VIP section has less people eating their own smelly food and burping loudly. People generally don’t pick their noses as much and wipe the boogers on the seats, but it has been known to happen. Nail clipping is also not as common. Enjoy your journey.

Good to know, and thanks for illustrative descriptions

Looks like I'll pony up for First Class for the convenience and leave my nail clippers at home...

Char Siu King likes this.

Although I havent tried it for a couple of years, I recall that if you got first class,
    you also got a not-so-nice hot dog along the way as well as a bottle of water.