Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07

HK 36 hours

Closed Thread

Wink HK 36 hours

Hello,
    i'm in HK again for only 36 hours this time. I've done this in the past several times when going or returning to other destinations in Asia. I've tried to see most of the popular and touristy thinks in HK, and am now out of ideas what left to see in my short time there.
    Been to the Buddah, Stanley, seen concerts, Disney, Macau, etc. Seen most markets, came via Shenzen once.
    So, does anyone have any other ideas of short term things that are must see in HK? I'd appreciate any advice you can give me...arriving tomorro late afternoon and leaving Sunday morning.
    So need quick advice...
    thanks all...

Must see depends on your preferences. I wouldn't say Disney is a must see for example.
    You might like:
    10000 Buddhas in Shatin
    Lamma island
    Tai O on Lantau

bookblogger likes this.

wikitravel.org

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Must see depends on your preferences. I wouldn't say Disney is a must see for example.
    You might like:
    10000 Buddhas in Shatin
    Lamma island
    Tai O on Lantau
    thanks for this info. for the last two items can you tell me the best place to stay? I've not made a hotel res yet.
    thanks again

go and meet a friend outside sogo on saturday at 1pm.

luckycat likes this.

you can stay anywhere in HK and go anywhere so it does not make much difference. but if you want to try a "different" hotel - what about the silvermine beach hotel in Mui Wo? It's cheap, on the beach, easy for access to Tai O and also ferries to Central if you need to go there.

drumbrake likes this.

Or stay at that hotel beside the ferry pier on Lamma -- Man Lai Wah? I think it was about HK$350 a night when I asked. Quite convenient for tourism purposes.

35.5 hours - that should be enough time to wait for a table at tim ho wan - really good food!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zgadgeter:
    thanks for this info. for the last two items can you tell me the best place to stay? I've not made a hotel res yet.
    thanks again
    I think the Mui Wo hotel suggestion is probably best then. You can get there by airport bus (A35), get to Tai O by bus, and also to Central by ferry if you want to do something else. Getting to Lamma from there would be quite a trek though,unless you hire a private sampan.

Hello all and thanks for the info. Unfortunately i did not get the good tips about the hotels prior to having to make a booking..so am in Kowloon, again.
    But am planning to go across to Cheung Chau this afternoon.....should be fun.
    Again, thanks! I'll save all of the tips for next time i have 36 hours in HK.

PS: and no, i would not wait for a table for that long!