oasis air line?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

oasis air line?

Has anyone used this airline before? They now have a flight from vancouver to HK, with a sale right now of 800$ canadain business class, and 400$ economy (canadian dollars) which is dirt cheap, so I am wondering if I am likely to fall out of the sky. It just seems too good to be true. Has you heard of it, or used it before

I have used them and as an airline they are no problem. I flew the London route and the company staff really try to make your journey good.

The planes are 747 400 ex singapore airlines and well equipped, even if mine ( an others reported ) the audio seat jacks can play up in some seats.

My mate is a first pilot for CP and says their maintenance is all up to snuff, the important things anyway, maybe not the in flight seat back entertainment system though.

The flights are good value and efficient.

Would I fly them again? I have posted on that issue before and the answer is a definate NO.

The reason being they fly ( on the UK route ) into Gatwick. The BAA satff ( who run the airport ) and Swissport ( who are their agents at Gatwick ) are scum. Its the only word to describe them. BAA are more interested in in maximising shareholder value than maximising customer experiance and their " rules " are at odds with the publications of the airlines. Swissport are better suited to serving " trailer trash / council house " on they annual £50 holiday to the Spanish Costas. Jobsworth is not a low enough description of them.

When I ( a UK citizen ) and my wife ( a HK'r ) arrived into Gatwick it took me 30 minutes to get through immigration and my wife over one and a half hours.
    I arrived nearly 3 hrs before my flight back and got the gate with 5 minutes before closing ! Gatwick and BAA are a joke, in the worst possible taste.

I know nothing about the airport you have to go though in Canada. If its mainstream and you know it ( and like it ) then Oasis will do the job for you know doubt.

They deserve to succeed, are trying hard and if they transfered to LHR then I would use them again.

Thanks for your input. In vancouver there is only one international airport, so I am not too concerned about that. My last flight I was to get in 3 hours before my connecting flight, the plane was 1 hour late, so had 2 hours to go through customs, etc.I made it to the gate of my connecting flight at last call! And I was in the line up for people who had connecting flights! Can't imagine how long it took other people to get through. All this while dragging a a 12 month old and a 3 year old along, by myself. And some of my luggage didn't arrive with me, even though it was all together in vancouver! But thats canada! not unusual.

From what you say - Shit happens . Even if you pay top dollar and fly first class.

So good luck.

I flew Oasis and was very happy with them. As for Gatwick/heathrow, I had a much worse time at Heathrow, however I found both airports to be utterly lacking in efficiency. When flights land at 6am, when the airport opens, and you have a lineup in customs back up the arrival ramp and only half your customs gates open...!!!!

When I arrived in Gatwick ALL the immigration desks where open but there are only about 8 on the " Foreign " side and 4 ( ? ) Domestic side. Sounds a lot but its been the same for all the time I can remember. I suppose they have to pay more money to improve the service and that would cut into the share holder value as they can't turn a profit. Unlike the shopping malls and bistro / bars.

ALSO the most amazing thing we found, when you go through to the scanners and x ray machines after check in. 4 lines going into this area through two entries. Staff directing you into the shortest line ( very helpfull ).
    Go through the entry and the 4 lines merge into one great big scrum.
    Whats the point.

Yes LHR has its faults but at least this important area has some organisation UNTIL you get through the Xray.

Hope your bag is not held for hand inspection. They had 3 people on for the whole of the Terminal 3 system last month. More people would again cut into the profits I suppose and the exccess of what seemed to be supervisors wouldn't lower their high status by getting involved. I remember at least 10 of these the last time. Just stood around looking important.

I know all of this IS important and have no gripe about the proceedures, BUT, don't customers have an expectation of an efficient and speedy proccess?
    After all its in BAA interest to get you to spend in the bistro / bar / DF etc going away and good for the image of the country showing efficiency when arriving. I would love to know what the airlines are doing about it also, as they pay loads a' money for the privilage of using the place.

I also have an RFID UK passport which is about as much use in efficiency as a chocolate fireguard in the UK system. I LOVE coming back to HK through the gates with my HKID. Maybe the colonies ( ex ) should be teaching the motherland ( ex ) the way things should be done.

As a UK citizen of over 50 yrs I will see it only in my dreams and maybe a reality of when my 3 yr old grandaughters future children grow up and come of age -- maybe.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    Apologies for the rant but as UK'rs all realise getting older. We paid more taxes, got less service and now I see that they are even hiding cameras in rubbish sacks. NOT to stop flytipping but to get the people who don't put the rubbish out during the approved time ( 2 hr window I think ). WTF !!
    When asked by my son a) why I dont visit more often and b) when am I coming back to live in the UK. I consider giving him a 20 page essay on the relaxed way of life we enjoy here. For now its just silence and that knowing look only parents can give their children.

For the relavence of this thread. Great Flight. Shame about the landing, the visit and the take off.

Oasis Hong Kong

I've used Oasis loads of times, and although I prefer flying to Heathrow, for me it's no big deal.

The airline itself is fine, staff are nice, the entertainment is dated, but does the job. However the food on board is quite 'interesting' so I always take some other things with me, and would recommend others to do the same! Tea, coffee and water are free.... but everything else you've got to pay for!

I hate that BA have put extra charges on baggage now, an extra suitcase can set you back 120 quid... so for that reason alone I would rather fly with another carrier!

Oasis airlines...

Their customer service with us was the worst we have experienced anywhere in the world. Flying roughly 200k miles a year I have experienced my fair share of good and bad airline service. This miserable excuse for a company stands head and shoulders above the rest.

We had landed in London and were connecting so we drove over to Gatwick from Heathrow. Then we witnessed the rudest "service" ever from the staff at the ticket counter.
    They made mistakes with our booking and refused to let us fly without paying 70GBP per ticket to make changes when we'd booked on the correct date!

We drove home and booked on a real airline rather than give business to an operation staffed by the inept and highly rude. We thought we'd give a new company a go, and they failed miserably in every single department.

On top of this, the HQ in HK refused to refund our tickets without deducting 140GBP in total!

At their very best they are a pathetic airline with a diabolical sense of customer service.

Since an Oasis rep posts here perhaps they would care to comment on the above?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydancer2005:
    Tea, coffee and water are free.... but everything else you've got to pay for!
    As I understand it you mean other drinks in economy? I believe the food in economy is included, as is food and all drinks in business...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast