Like Tree13Likes

Korean visa application

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61

    Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying what HKDI stands for.

    We are both Philippine passport holders.


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    15

    It's extremely easy the last time I applied. And usually I need a visa to go absolutely anywhere on a Sri Lankan passport. I do have permanent residency though.

    They make you write down the time you entered, 3:01 for me, and time you leave 3:04. Just sort of mocking you for how efficient they are in that it takes 3 minutes.

    All I had to do was drop off my form, with printed tickets and copy of ID and they approved it immediately.

    chuckster007, MsYram and shri like this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by MsYram
    We are both Philippine passport holders.
    I assume you both are going to Korea for a Holiday (Tourist Visa), just fill in the application form and apply, I assume you both have jobs / salary slips / employment contract etc etc, just take everything with you
    shri and cloroxbleach like this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61

    Just called Korean Consulate. They say as per new rules, non-PR holders (of the 33 nationals listed) can apply for Tourist Visa in Korean Consulate in Hong Kong if he/she has been living in HK for >2 years.


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MsYram
    Just called Korean Consulate. They say as per new rules, non-PR holders (of the 33 nationals listed) can apply for Tourist Visa in Korean Consulate in Hong Kong if he/she has been living in HK for >2 years.
    Hi there! Just wanted a follow up question. Were the consulate really strict about this rule? Did your husband (dependent) still able to apply for a visa even if he hasn’t stayed for at least 2 years now? Im currently facing the same situation as your husband. :/

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    30,550

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel
    Hi there! Just wanted a follow up question. Were the consulate really strict about this rule? Did your husband (dependent) still able to apply for a visa even if he hasn’t stayed for at least 2 years now? Im currently facing the same situation as your husband. :/
    We were able to get a visa for our helper who has been in HK for only 1.5 years but we wrote a letter explaining why we need her to join us on the trip and also a letter from our (self-owned) company backing her up financially.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    We were able to get a visa for our helper who has been in HK for only 1.5 years but we wrote a letter explaining why we need her to join us on the trip and also a letter from our (self-owned) company backing her up financially.
    Which reason did you stage?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkelberg
    Which reason did you stage?
    We need her to take care of two young kids

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2