Like Tree13Likes

Korean visa application

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Korean visa application

Hi! I'm planning to visit korea next month. Im a filipino passport holder and will apply for a korean visa this week or next. Is it hard to get a visa if i apply here? Im a dependant so im allowed to submit my application here. People say it's quite difficult to get a korean visa since there is no interview..

If you're female and single then I suspect it may be tricky. If you're married then it may be easier if your husband is going too. Countries play stupid games with Filipinas, as I found out when I married one. We applied for visas to go to Egypt (in principle I could have got one on arrival, but it was cheaper to apply for one in advance and no more effort since my wife needed one anyway), and what my wife got next to her visa in her passport was handwritten "Must enter Egypt with Mr PDLM".

This, of course, was totally illogical - if what they were trying to prevent was us going there, me pimping/selling her off and then leaving, then what they should have done was write in MY passport "Must leave Egypt with Mrs PDLM". But I guess they know that Filipinas are so used to this abuse that they will just accept whereas a Brit would scream and create a diplomatic incident about something like that being done to his passport.

Sorry, that was a bit of a sidetrack - I don't have any specific experience of the Korean situation, sorry.

well PDLM, you just wasted 2 minutes of my time, 'cos I wanted specifically to know about the Korean Visa thing for Filipinas.

cloroxbleach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTC
    well PDLM, you just wasted 2 minutes of my time
    I'm sure that wasn't the first time, nor will it be the last. Add another 10 seconds to the tally.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    I'm sure that wasn't the first time, nor will it be the last. Add another 10 seconds to the tally.
    Some could argue that David's whole existence is a waste of time.

Thanks pdlm. It's harder for filipinos to get a visa anywhere. I applied today. They told me to pick it up on tuesday. Does that mean it's already approved?

good evening , im jham and working here in hongkong..im planning to visit korea if i have a chance and opportunity..i want to apply korean visa but i dont know how and i hope you can help me about this...just let me know what will i do and papera that i need to past? thank you and have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by jham13
    good evening , im jham and working here in hongkong..im planning to visit korea if i have a chance and opportunity..i want to apply korean visa but i dont know how and i hope you can help me about this...just let me know what will i do and papera that i need to past? thank you and have a good day
    Print and fill in this form. it has ll the requirements you need to know.

http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/upload/cn...gkong_2017.pdf
    cloroxbleach likes this.

Fore dependent holders, Anyone here has experienced applying for Korean visa in Hong Kong? My husband is my dependent but he has only been here for 6 months. There is a clause in their site that says the applicant should be residing in HK for >2 yrs.

"A national of the following listed countries who has been resided in Hong Kong/Macau (with along term stay visa) for the last 2 consecutive years and holding a long term stay visa that allow to stayfor more than 3 months during the application, is eligible to apply in this visa office."

However, there is also this clause:

"Note:- Holder of HKSAR passport, Macau SAR passport, HKDI orMacau Travel Permit is not required to submit [proof of 2 yrs visa]"

Not sure what HKDI is. I initially thought it's HKID but typo error.

I tried calling Korean embassy to clarify this but no one answered.

@MsYram

HKDI = Hong Kong Document of Identity (for visa purposes, mainly issued to people who are unable to obtain a national passport.

What passport does your husband hold???

shri likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast