Like Tree5Likes

Hong Kong to Frankfurt - Which Airlines?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hong Kong to Frankfurt - Which Airlines?

Need to travel to Frankfurt in mid october and a number of airline fares are coming in at 9K.

I've not flown CX on a long haul flight for 5 or 6 years and as their seats used to be a bit cramped in cattle class. Is this any better?

If you had a choice, would you opt for CX, SQ (longer flight with a stop in Singapore) or Lufthansa?

SQ by a country mile, just for the air hostesses.

But you do have to deal with the connection.

However CX is not that bad at all.

Can you stretch to pay for premium economy?

My friend (medium sized western female) flew Lufthansa on our last trip to Europe for hiking and she raved (positively) about it. Said they had a new plane with toilets downstairs (?), great entertainment systems - and she slept which she normally does not do on planes. This was economy. Personally, my previous experiences with LH were not great but that was some years ago, so maybe now it's ok. And direct at least.

>> But you do have to deal with the connection.

I actually like the Singapore Airport so that is not an issue. Their newer planes are comfortable too.

We always use Lufthansa except this May when we used Air China which was a nightmare. We never had a single problem with Lufthansa. Very professional, everything smooth and always in time (actually they always arrive early).

CX has the most uncomfortable economy seats known to man - while I love the theory of the shell seat where people cannot recline into you (and it's fine for short haul travel where I want to work only) - the seat itself is bloody hard to sleep in. Just my 2 cents. Usually good service though. Although I have noted that the CX costs for direct flights to Europe are much higher than if you connect via London (which is a pain on CX because you have to change terminals now).

Mandyhui likes this.

BTW Turkish Airlines have premium econ at about HK$15k. Supposed to be pretty decent. Food on Turkish Airlines is really nice.

Moving : I share your sentiments about CX and have not flown them in years. Used to be at the mid tier Marco Polo, but now I don't see any reason to fly them until they start addressing their horrible seats. A letter in the SCMP a month or two ago seemed to indicate that they've still got these seats despite their claims that they have replaced them or are replacing them.

pin - food and the rest don't matter to me. I'd rather get their a bit rested and then find a good turkish restaurant if food was important to me. AND incase you've not figured it out I don't do any "premium" stuff. Cattle class is ok for me.

>> Air China

They actually have the cheapest fare, but I'm not convinced I'll have my sanity at the end of the flight and you confirmed that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast