Like Tree7Likes

Easiest way to get china visa?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Easiest way to get china visa?

Hi

I'm looking to get a china visa for an upcoming trip. Can anyone recommend the easiest way for me to get one please? Also the faster the better too. Tks

Go to the PRC foreign office in Wanchai, apply, go back a day or few later, pay, collect... it's not complicated or difficult. The fastest they do is next day, which you'll pay more for. If you only need a single entry, it's easy, if you need multiple entry it might depend on whether you've had China visas before, and on whether you're a Hong Kong resident or not.

Football16 and lucy2003 like this.

Try China Travel Service:

China Travel Service (H.K.) Limited

They process my renewals in 24 hours and pick up and drop off at my office.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    Try China Travel Service:

China Travel Service (H.K.) Limited

They process my renewals in 24 hours and pick up and drop off at my office.
    They also cost a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    They also cost a bomb.
    OP didn't ask for the cheapest way, the easiest way.

CTS is the easiest way. You drop it off and they do the leg work.

Going to the visa office in Wanchai is probably the cheapest, but it isn't the easiest.
    hello_there likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Don't even need to drop it off at CTS - they collect it and return it to your office the next morning. All you need to do is bring your passport and the photos to work and I think fill out a short form.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    OP didn't ask for the cheapest way, the easiest way.

Going to the visa office in Wanchai is probably the cheapest, but it isn't the easiest.
    yes, cts is the most convenient, however, they charge a significant premium as an agent and some branches will lie to u in regards what type visa you are eligible ( this has happened to me previously at their head branch)

I'm not sure that they intentionally "lie" - the PRC foreign office doesn't seem to be able to administer its own rules consistently with regard to which visas they will grant to which nationalities. Husband and I are both the same nationality, have both had the same number of China visas in the past, both travel to China for work, etc. He got a 2 year multientry visa last July, I got a 1 year (I also applied for a 2 year). I met all the criteria according to the then current PRC foreign office web site, but the 2 year visa wasn't granted for me. I don't blame CTS. But, perhaps your experience with them was different.

Regarding the cost difference - of course they are more expensive, as you would expect from any agent who does something for you...

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    I'm not sure that they intentionally "lie" - the PRC foreign office doesn't seem to be able to administer its own rules consistently with regard to which visas they will grant to which nationalities. Husband and I are both the same nationality, have both had the same number of China visas in the past, both travel to China for work, etc. He got a 2 year multientry visa last July, I got a 1 year (I also applied for a 2 year). I met all the criteria according to the then current PRC foreign office web site, but the 2 year visa wasn't granted for me. I don't blame CTS. But, perhaps your experience with them was different.

Regarding the cost difference - of course they are more expensive, as you would expect from any agent who does something for you...

Were you in the line to collect the visa yesterday as that is the conversation I sort of overheard about 4:10 pm when I went to collect my one year visa.

Check the prices. Regular is 3 days. As the second post to yours suggests look at the Foreign Min. site as it has it all there.

The old CTS vs going direct debate.

If this person is not an HK resident, why not do what others do and go direct and save their money? They can do it all there if they don't download the form off the internet and get a photo done in a local shop. It is a straightforward process that takes some time but it can be done. Corporations naturally will do that for you.

I am still not convinced that this underlying current that CTS get longer visas is really true. This has been posted in the past but that to me defies common sense and if true would be all over Hong Kong would it not?
    Last edited by Football16; 04-10-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Also, we learnt the hard way. HK Residents cannot get a visa at Lowu. You must apply at the Visa Office in Wanchai.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast