Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By justjoe86

Good travel agent for cheapest fares on multi-city trip in Asia? (no tours)

Closed Thread

Good travel agent for cheapest fares on multi-city trip in Asia? (no tours)

My plan is HKG --> Seoul --> Tokyo --> Singapore --> HKG

I would be departing on Dec 22nd and returning Jan 6th. I already found some decent prices just browsing on my own, but if I travel agent can get them lower then I'll bite. I'm not looking for guided tours. I was originally thinking only to plan the air fare with an agent but if there are good hotel packages I might go for that

Try yiqifei.com but you prob need to give them a call to get a quote with the multi-city trip, good luck!

oops sorry just realised they are in chinese only...

So all those agents and sites quote me ridiculous prices in the 16,000 to 30,000 HKD range. Booking on my own is around 11,000 HKD so I think I'll just stick with that. I'm flying with well-known budget airlines and I've checked multiple times and the prices include tax. I have a 4 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur from Tokyo to Singapore but I figure that's not a big deal

I installed a great app on my smartphone called "skyscanner" that does a really good job of finding the best airfares. It searches a whole bunch of web sites at once and displays the total price including all taxes, which I like because taxes can vary so much and what seems like a good price might be crap because of the hidden taxes.

Skyscanner is available for both iphone and android.

justjoe86 likes this.

matrix dot itasoftware dot com - this is a website that Google now owns that searchs the reservation systems that travel agents use.

Plug in your itinerary, pick your airlines based on the prices it returns - the system will give you an itinerary to take to the travel agent including the fare basis codes they should use.

+1 on skyscanner. Best feature about that is searches like:

From Hong Kong to ANYWHERE travelling ANYTIME... order by price.

If you're a spontaneous traveller it's pretty fun to see the cheapest possible holiday. Of course when I lived in UK it was so much easier to have a quick weekend away. I remember going to barcelona (OK... within an hr from barcelona in smoe shitty airport!) for #20GBP return (NO tax!)

bdw likes this.