Taking a car to Zhuhai

Closed Thread

Taking a car to Zhuhai

I am toying with an idea of going for a track day in Zhuhai:
    http://www.zic.com.cn/zicen/howtos.p...id=18&catid=47

Is there a ferry service from Hong Kong to Zhuhai that transports cars?
    Will I need a Chinese number plate to be allowed to drive from the port to Zhuhai race track?
    Thanks!

You'll need some sort of Chinese temporary paperwork/plates, and I believe you have to drive the whole way; or you can get your car transported the whole way to the track. The Zhuhai circuit HK office can advise I'm sure:

Hong Kong Office
    Tel: +852.28772437
    Fax: +852.28778770
    Email: [email protected]

I would contact the office that PDLM posted the information for. Driving to China involves a lot. I am sure there is a way to get a temp. permit if it is special event. Never heard of it, but must be. Otherwise to drive up to Zhu Hui or anywhere else you need to spend like $360,000 on plates and a drivers licence too. But, you need to prove you have company ties in China.

Join the Motorsport Club of Hong Kong, they organise these track days a few times a year, but as a registered club/group. They will issue you temp plates and all the logistical hoo haa. Individuals are not able to do it.

http://www.mschk.com.hk/

a word of advice though, a great club this one, a little bit on the mature side, and a pretty tight group of HK elites, if you are a bit of a Honda drift racer type, you are going to fit in about as well as oil and water, it wouldnt be pretty....

If you are into open wheelers, European classic, post war or late model exotic sports cars, you'll fit right in, and benefit by their ability to arrange the best motorsport events for "their" members.

If you want to do power slides and burnouts and stuff, there is a purpose built skid pan for doing drifting etc in Lo Kwu Tan ( Tuen Mun ). Amazing what can be found, when you have abundant space, theres even an international certified outdoor go kart track here.

Last edited by Skyhook; 02-08-2007 at 01:05 AM.

A local friend told me you can buy a car over in Mainland China for just RMB2K. Use it as a disposable car? :-)

Skyhook,
    Do you have an address for the skid pan in Lo Kwu Tan ? is it near the Karting track?
    Cheers,
    Vano

Hey Vano,

The skid pan is at the begining of Low Kwu Tan, just as you past the power station which is on your left coming into Lo Kwu Tan, as soon as you see some houses on your right and the water on your left, the first street on your right as you enter lo kwu tan, you'll find the Skid pan there.

Hey Vano,
    The skid pan is at the begining of Lo Kwu Tan, just as you past the power station which is on your left coming into Lo Kwu Tan, as soon as you see some village houses on your right and the waterfront on your left, the first street on your right as you enter lo kwu tan, you'll find the Skid pan there.

I am a zhuhai local, if you need some help you can contact me . It takes 5K to 20K also to buy a old car.