Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vinyljunky

Anyone ever flown with Jetstar Asia? Do they normally have lots of delays?

Closed Thread

Anyone ever flown with Jetstar Asia? Do they normally have lots of delays?

Contemplating a flight from Singapore that arrives at HKG at 6 am. I need to make a 9:45 flight back to the US.

Singapore--> HKG flight is negotiable as long as I have ample time to make my US-bound flight. Any budget airlines from Singapore to HK are welcome. I've tried Tiger Airways already but they don't have flights at the time I need

Have flown a few times, usually timekeeping was fine. Had one one-hour delay and that was because there was a re-fueling problem at Singapore airport which was to do with the airport equipment and beyond Jetstar's control (we could see the hassle with the equipment while we were waiting at the gate so I don't think they were lying!).

just had a 3 hour delay last night apparently due to plane problem and having to switch plane.
    i guess the fact that quantas was down (hence more demand on jetstar past weekend) doesn't help..

never tried connecting flights with budget airlines.. not sure if they will do their part to help and make sure u get to the next flight.. if you don't are there remedial ?

Husband flew the route thought it was ok. Paid for extra leg room. It's cheap and worth a try.

Flown them once, never again. But to be fair, most of my issues were due to "budget airline" crap rather than timekeeping and the fact I didn't realise I was on Jetstar having purchase the flight on the Qantas website as a connection to a real qantas flight ....

IMHO, Jetstar are probably the best of the budget airlines. I fly them regularly (mainly from HK to Singapore) and have never had an issue. In the odd situation where they do reschedule flights, they give me sufficient notice (for example, they just informed me that my Christmas morning flight was cancelled, but they put me on one that's an hour later).

Satay Sue likes this.

Agree, best of the budget. Mind you, was impressed with Airphil Express recently, (HK - Cebu), brand new Airbus, punctual, sweet staff etc - and very cheap!