Beware booking with Air Pacific

Closed Thread

Beware booking with Air Pacific

If you've been looking at the Discover Fiji website, beware of booking with Air Pacific, which seems to be the only carrier for Fiji.

Make sure you know exactly that you want to go as there is no refund should you cancel, even if you cancel immediately.

I booked online with them and the money was charged to my credit card immediately but needed to cancel the next day. In fact, the e-ticket still wasn't even issued 4 days later. The HK office will inform you that it is refundable but the main office will insist on you paying the cost of the flight and just refund the cost of taxes.

So just be careful if you book.

Isn't that normal for airlines, that there is no full refund on cancellation?

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    Make sure you know exactly that you want to go as there is no refund should you cancel, even if you cancel immediately.
    Unless you buy a refundable ticket, regardless of when you cancel you won't get a refund. Most tickets are non-refundable unless you cough up big bucks for the more flexible tickets. Am I missing something here? All sounds quite normal to me.

Original Post Deleted
    But he booked online? So I guess it depends if he spoke to the HK office before he booked or after when he cancelled.....

If the HK office told you it was refundable and you have sufficient proof of that (eg an email) or are prepared to stand up in court to say so under oath then take them to the small claims tribunal. If not then caveat emptor.