Cebu at Easter - good idea or bad?

Closed Thread

Cebu at Easter - good idea or bad?

Given that Easter is a huge holiday in the Philippines, is going to Cebu likely to be as dumb an idea as China in CNY, or is there a heap of festivities that might make it worthwhile etc? Any views? I have no idea.

Sorry slightly off topic but does that mean Cebu is a good idea for CNY? Any recommeded places for packages (besides CX holidays :P )

Not sure about Cebu but Easter is (expletive deleted) hot up here in Pampanga - hottest time of the year often. The holiday week is the week before Easter Sunday so if you went on the Monday it would be fine. From a Christian viewpoint quite why Easter Monday is not a holiday confuses me but I suppose it makes no difference really. Pampanga at Easter is all about blood so if you enjoy watching men get cut, whipped, beaten and nailed on crosses come here

I think Cebu would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not sure about Cebu but Easter is (expletive deleted) hot up here in Pampanga - hottest time of the year often. The holiday week is the week before Easter Sunday so if you went on the Monday it would be fine. From a Christian viewpoint quite why Easter Monday is not a holiday confuses me but I suppose it makes no difference really. Pampanga at Easter is all about blood so if you enjoy watching men get cut, whipped, beaten and nailed on crosses come here

I think Cebu would be fine.
    Yikes. Do locals go on holiday at this time though? I was thinking of 4th-9th (so spanning the previous week and the monday).

@ krypton; someone asked about this recently. It is quite booked up already (eg Shangri la is full up) and they jack
    the prices up.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 01-12-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Boracay is nicer though its a little more tricky to get to. Well worth it though.

easter anywhere in the philippines is generally a bad idea as most services, malls etc are shut specially on good friday. cebu is predominantly catholic so it's going to be generally dead and quiet. expect activities in town to revolve around church activities- prayers, penitence, re-enactments, vigils etc.

if you are spending the day lounging in the hotel on those days then it is fine. and yes it is usually very very hot.

Thanks guys. Might give this a miss!