Like Tree3Likes

Night bus to Guilin and Yangshuo?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hmm I didn't notice any numbers but I could be wrong. The bus driver was about to ask my friends to switch but they made a big deal since one of them gets carsick so she has to be up top. That's when the guy asked me to move

So let me get this straight, you went to Guilin and didnt even bother to see the stalagmite caves, or a take a boat trip on the Li River?

Instead you chose to look at rice paddies and you basically blew 2 days on a bus when you could of done more with your time by taking a plane ride.

What a waste of time...

There is a lovely park in Guilin, and although I would stay only 1 night for convenience purposes there, at least you wet on the bamboo boats. I had been warned several times about the buses, and really, on the soft sleeper on the train, it was fine, relatively comfortable ( considering places I have slept before) .

One thing, ok you will get the 'virgin traveller' , but I have suffered severe motion sickness for the majority of my life, and still do to some extent ( espc in the car), but the reason I prefer trains is that I don't get sick on them. Re. the female who wanted to sleep on the top sleeper because she gets 'bus sick'? Just live and let sleeping dogs lie on that one. Everyone is different, and she may have had other reasons for wanting to nab that 'top bunk'. I know, and yes, I'm guilty not wanting to share a soft sleeper with two guys who looked and acted dodgy not to mention smoking during the trip......yes, it's banned but some attendants may turn a blind eye.

Some places are best travelled to by plane, some by bus and some by train. Depends which and how you choose.

Next time, you know now to pack light, forget the tripod and travel solo. China is a big country to have fun exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows:
    So let me get this straight, you went to Guilin and didnt even bother to see the stalagmite caves, or a take a boat trip on the Li River?

Instead you chose to look at rice paddies and you basically blew 2 days on a bus when you could of done more with your time by taking a plane ride.

What a waste of time...
    I love how I'm being belittled for not following this guy's suggestions. I actually almost wet my pants a little laughing from reading your post.

Sorry I didn't do my trip exactly as you would have. The bus was overnight transport so it wasn't a "waste of time." I'm not sure if you bothered to read my post (though I'm assuming you did since you took the time to tell me all the things I should've done) but I did take a boat ride on the Li River.

hahaha, oh wow, I'm still laughing at this and getting a kick out of picturing what kind of person you are
    drumbrake likes this.

Jdongg - you were not alone in thinking that guy was abit of a dick! Glad you had fun - sounds really good to me.