Hong Kong Hotel in TST or Central / LKF for nightlife ?

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Hotel in TST or Central / LKF for nightlife ?

I'm going to Hong Kong in January and after sightseeing in the day, at night I want to kick it in bars, cool party places and clubs.

Should I stay in LKF or near there, or should I stay ion TST.

Is it possible to stay in one area and go to clubs in the other, or is it too far.

Which area is better?

Thanks very much

O3

It is very easy to get from TST ( Kowloon-side) to LKF, Soho, Wan Chai (Hong Kong-side) by taxi, bus, ferry, and MTR (underground electric rail)

NOTE: the ferry stops running about midnight and MTR about 1am. A cross habour taxi using the "old tunnel" from LKF, Soho, Wan Chai to TST costs approx. HK$90 to HK$130 if minimal traffic.

Some of the many TST Hotels are: Nikko Hotel, Marco Polo Hotel, BP International, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Intercontinental, Hotel Miramar, The Miden, Kowloon Hotel

There is nightlife in TST - such as Knuttsford Terrace, 1 Peking Rd and Ashley Rd, Minden Avenue -that you can check these places out too!

I suggest that you look at HK Magazine either online (www.hk-weekend.com) or BC Magazine (http://hk.bcmagazine.net/) They are free magazines that come out each week - suggest you get a copy of them when you arrive.

Last edited by Alby; 13-09-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Depending on your budget .. Hotel LKF is strategically positioned right about Lan Kwai Fong -- nice boutique hotel and great reviews from some of our members who've stayed there.

(don't go to Hotel Lan Kwai Fong which is far away)

Thank you for the quick replies and taxi/MTR info. Its a big help.
    Im spending 8 days in HK and 8 days in Shanghai and Ive got my tickets, just need the hotels and I can relax a bit.

This site has all the best info.

I hope it wont be too cold in January, I'm really looking forward to finally getting to China.

O3

Quote Originally Posted by ben602:
    You can check www.geocities.com/hktravelbuddy, it can help you.
    I'm sure KIA will probably remove a lot of your posts, but all you're really doing is astroturfing for your own site here, and resurrecting, in some cases long dead, threads. It's annoying. Please stop.