Like Tree5Likes

Manila airport

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Have they opened the full terminal at Clark yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Have they opened the full terminal at Clark yet?
    I had a very interesting email conversation with them over this. They claim it is fully open and operational. When I pointed out I had never been able to use it they said this is because the budget airlines refuse to pay to use it. They are planning to build another one but I think it might be a good idea to get the first one working first!

I used to go regularly but haven't been for 9 months. Always wondered why there was what looked like a nice terminal and we could only use the old part using old containers as a walkway!

Thanks to all for suggestions, we fly back tomorrow. Just for reference, Cebu Pacific domestic and international were in the same terminal.
    Had a slightly traumatic journey on the way. Domestic flight was an hour late, we boarded and captain gave the cross check command - then suddenly announced that "due to heavy rain the airport at Tagbilaran is closed". We had a deadline of an hour or flight would be cancelled. 10 mins later we started to move. Then stopped. For the next hour the plane moved about 50m then stopped, about 8 times. The seatbelt sign was on the whole time. Then captain announced flight cancelled and we started taxiing back to the terminal. As I'm on the phone desperately trying to save our room (Agoda, no show cancels the room) another announcement - they gave us a last minute reprieve ! In the end we were just 2 hours late but it was a complete wind-up, especially when we learned that it was a just a brief shower of rain that caused the situation in the first place!

So as I said, Cebu pacific fly in and out of same terminal at Manila. It's new, very clean and there are a few decent places to eat and drink, though it does seem unfinished. As we were delayed on way in we just found a comfortable cafe for an hour or so before going through immigration (took 15 mins). Not much in way of shopping and we found the eating options better before going through passport control, though there are a few restaurants/bars near the gates.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 15-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Did you enjoy Bohol?

Very much thank you

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4