Like Tree3Likes

Shanghai hotels - clean and good?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shanghai hotels - clean and good?

Hi all, just bought dirt cheap tickets to Shanghai. Anyone can point me to where to stay?

I'm not into nightlife, I just want to chill, see some heritage sites and great local food! Any recommendations?

E

Oh, and if you are wondering- dirt cheap tickets is from Spring airlines.

Been recommended to try them from some HK friends.

Try sites like C Trip as you can see all the hotel ratings and get good deals. My first time there it was a package deal from China Travel but now I see there are these other options like C Trip.

I can recommend a small but great hotel - if you are into small boutique type. Price is resonable, service is excellent - it's 6 rooms in a house in the French concession, here:

Reviews:
    Magnolia Bed & Breakfast Shanghai (Shanghai) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor

Magnolia Bed and Breakfast Shangai

when in china, i am always with the accor chain. you pay what you get. ibis is their 'economy' hotel.

I forgot to add, the couple that opened that hotel is lovely, she is an ex ballet dancer and he is an ex chef at the Shangri La. Nice people really.

Quote Originally Posted by qlloaky:
    Hi all, just bought dirt cheap tickets to Shanghai. Anyone can point me to where to stay?

I'm not into nightlife, I just want to chill, see some heritage sites and great local food! Any recommendations?

E
    Not a great deal of heritage left in Shanghai. You have the Bund at night, and then probably the best part to see is the French quarter - here is a walking tour.

If you have time, I'd highly recommend getting out of Shanghai. Catch the fast train to Suzhou or Hangzhou, or to Nanjing. Stay in a small water town such as Xitang or Tongli. Shanghai just needs a couple of days at most in my opinion.
    Football16 likes this.

The hotel looks great! Anyone has similar recommendation? Like the idea of the Jazzy Shanghai period houses!

I try to stay at family-run cheapy places in China (by flashing my HKID), because despite the low prices, they are usually much cleaner than 3- and 4-star hotels.

So bookblogger, how do you identify the family inns? Can you do this from street level, internet info or word of mouth? I would also like to avoid the common chinese hotel but besides walking about & looking i would not know how to find one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast