Mongolia / Tibet

Closed Thread

Mongolia / Tibet

Hubby & I are travelling to Mongolia & Tibet 2nd week of October, i contacted several agents & only two came out professional in dealing my inquiries, Chinahighlights & Diverese China - Agent of Tibetan Expeditions

1st agent
    HK-CHENGDU-LHASA-CHENGDU-HK
    1 night in Chengdu + 9 nights in Tibet
    US$7,800 all incl. for 2 pax (r/trip tickets, meals, 2,3,4 & 5 star accomodations, private car, driver & guide etc.

2nd agent
    BJNG-HOHHOT-(inner mongolia)-XIAN o/night (to take conn.flight to chengdu)-CHENGDU-LHASA-CHENGDU.
    2 nights in Inner Mongolia + 1 Night Xian & 7 nights in Tibet
    USD$6,300 all incl.for 2 pax (r/trip tickets, meals, 2,3,4 & 5 star accomodations, private car, driver & guide etc.
    We have to to arrange our own tickets from HK to Beijing & from Chengdu to HK.

Anyone been to or have tried this itinerary before? Is it too expensive or just right?

Please advise.

Thanks

Why do you need an agent to book that for you? You have the destinations so can book your won flights and hotels are easy to find and book.
    USD7,800 for 10 nights is on the high side if you ask me when you consider that that works out to HKD6,100 per day in a country where the average worker makes HKD8 per day.
    A fool and his money..........comes to mind!

Got your point lammarite, i will check again...

thanks

Have a look on the Thorn Tree on Lonely Planet- you'll get a lot of useful info from that.