thanks for the info.. I'm currently an AsiaMiles member
wanted to ask ppl here about StarAlliance vs. oneworld.
I'll be flying within North America, from Vancouver to San Fran, YVR to LA and YVR to NYC. Also, I'll be flying 4-5 times a year from YVR to HKG.
I'm torn between StarAlliance and oneworld. Both have pros and cons.
- flying mainly Air Canada (within Canada and to HKG) and United (within US)
- no AsiaMiles
- i'd prefer to fly Cathay (newer planes, better service) when going to Asia
- however, tickets are usually cheaper allround
- flying mainly American Airlines (within US) and Cathay (to Asia)
- tickets are usually more expensive
other things i have to take into consideration are:
- i'll be flying within Canada, from Vancouver to Toronto and Montreal
- i'll be flying to Europe (France and Spain) occasionally (2-3 times a year)
- i'd like to do some travelling within SouthEast Asia (Japan, Taiwan, Thailand) as well...
keeping all these things in mind, does anybody have any comments as to whether or not to join either StarAlliance or oneworld? any other frequent flyer plans that are recommended?
Thanks in advance!