Motorcycling in Guangdong

Closed Thread

Motorcycling in Guangdong

Hi, been here about 5 months and miss riding my bike. Been thinking about buying another but mindful that in HK you are limited due to its small size. Thought I could go for an afternoon ride across the border and wondered if any one has any experience of doing so. Apart from the visa situation, are the roads good for a enjoyable ride, are there any other issues I should be aware of etc, etc?
    Regards,
    Treeman

I dont think we can ride across the border. Believe there are multiple permits needed which is not easy to apply. Correct me if I am wrong.

Motorbikes from HK are not allowed to cross border.
    Motorbikes are banned in Shenzhen.

and if you think about taking your car over, you'll need to get another licence plate, more permits and headaches than you can imagine. although, there are plans afoot to eliminate some of the hoops you need to jump through to do this.

actually you can ride your bike from here to china.

There is a company that can help you get the paper work into China..

they are called "Navo-Tour" and based in Chengdu

once you get over the border everything becomes flexible..

I know of a guy who rode from here ( 10 country's in 100 days ) to Australia...
    ( think it was china loas vietnam cambodia thailand malaysia indonesia...... or something like that )

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman:
    Hi, been here about 5 months and miss riding my bike. Been thinking about buying another but mindful that in HK you are limited due to its small size. Thought I could go for an afternoon ride across the border and wondered if any one has any experience of doing so. Apart from the visa situation, are the roads good for a enjoyable ride, are there any other issues I should be aware of etc, etc?
    Regards,
    Treeman
    I think the easiest solution would be to buy a bike in China and leave it there.

I've been thinking about this:

Get a China driving licence = 7500HKD
    Buy a car in China = xxxxx
    In my case, leave it at my brother's place - free parking

Self drive all over China

Motorcycles are banned in the major cities, dongguan, shenzhen, GZ? You can easily buy a bike in china and ride it around in china, but it is dusty and dangerous.

Rubbish. Load of bollocks. Some cities restrict cc. Dalian has real Harleys all areas.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using GeoClicks Mobile