Like Tree25Likes

Urgent Shenzhen Visa Help Please!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

As a tangent, I just found out that the French are now in China's bad books and cant get the visa at the border. Any idea what incident triggered that?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    As a tangent, I just found out that the French are now in China's bad books and cant get the visa at the border. Any idea what incident triggered that?
    Being French?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Being French?
    Yea, but that hasnt changed recently - they've always been French
    I can guess why US&UK were in the China bad books but cant figure out what the wine&cheese lovers did recently to bring about this change...

They let the Dalai Lama meet someone ? french president? or something about a year ago. It was all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Any idea what incident triggered that?
    Well we haven't heard from Chateau for a while.........anyway, here's a recent picture of the Mayor of Shenzhen's daughter.......

Last edited by bryant.english; 12-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Maybe French genuine wine ruins the fake wine business in China? or the branded name makes the mainlanders behave politically incorrect, happily lining up for a few hours in TST for a French purse, but ignore the business of ShenZhen leather hawkers...

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i was at lo wu ( with a friend with uk passport), if you use CTS, they will charge you in the region RMB460 ( located in before the exiting turnstile) and second fl ( adjacent to the stairs, a hole in a wall on the left) near the stairs after the turnstile

if you use the proper issuing office (second floor after the stairs, on your right, pass their maindoors) it's only RMB307
    does any one know if they can get a china from the other border crossings, ie, shenzhen bay/hung kiu shui, sha tau kok, or even macau's gongbei?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    does any one know if they can get a china from the other border crossings, ie, shenzhen bay/hung kiu shui, sha tau kok, or even macau's gongbei?
    As of 6 months ago, the answer was "no"; only LoWu.
    imparanoic likes this.

The single entry five-day Tourist Visa is available at Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port if you visit Shenzhen for 5 days at most.

China Visa on Arrival, China Visa Issued at Entry Ports

Huangang Port is next to Futian Port (Lok Ma Chau) but is a different crossing (I think it is for buses and Lok Ma Chau is the MTR point).

UPDATE: Future posts indicate this is no longer accurate. Just goes to show how frequently the information can be changed.

Last edited by penguinsix; 12-04-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added update

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    The single entry five-day Tourist Visa is available at Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port if you visit Shenzhen for 5 days at most.

China Visa on Arrival, China Visa Issued at Entry Ports

Huangang Port is next to Futian Port (Lok Ma Chau) but is a different crossing (I think it is for buses and Lok Ma Chau is the MTR point).
    Unless someone you know/trust tells you they have actually done this recently, do not trust this information. I tried (6 months ago) and was told that no such thing exists in Shekou nor Huanggang.