Bus Travel Kowloon - Shenzhen via Western Corridor Bridge

Closed Thread

Bus Travel Kowloon - Shenzhen via Western Corridor Bridge

Greetings
    My husband is wanting to travel from Shenzhen - Hong Kong - Shenzhen.
    He has taken the bus over to Hong Kong - no problem, but cannot find the terminal to take the bus back.
    Is anyone familiar with this travel?
    He goes to the Megabox to play hockey, and hiring a private car is quite expensive to do for the long term.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

The bus goes into Mong Kok so he should be able to take the MTR from there to Kowloon Bay quite easily and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    The bus goes into Mong Kok so he should be able to take the MTR from there to Kowloon Bay quite easily and vice versa.

for Western Corridor Bridge? I think you are more likely refering to Huanggang port.

I thought the only buses were from Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, and Tin Shui Wai. When I went there didn't see any others I don't think. Best bet is to take the West rail to Tin Shui Wai and change there. $8 and 15 mins or so and you are in China.

Take the Express Cross-Border Coach headed to Kwun Tong from Huangguang, it stops at kowloon bay outside the MTR station, from there he can go through telford garden and walk to mega box (10 mins max). Going back take the same bus from Kowloon bay, it cost HKD40 each way and its quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Take the Express Cross-Border Coach headed to Kwun Tong from Huangguang, it stops at kowloon bay outside the MTR station, from there he can go through telford garden and walk to mega box (10 mins max). Going back take the same bus from Kowloon bay, it cost HKD40 each way and its quite fast.
    The OP was talking about the Western Corridor, not Lok Ma Chau.

Clarification

I guess that I was not clear on the info I needed, sorry
    He has already taken the bus from Shekou to Hong Kong via the bridge, at least a couple of times
    It lets/puts him off on a street, apparently they make all get off. Then he takes a taxi to the Megabox.
    His problem is he cannot find out where to go to catch this same bus for return to Shekou
    He says the name on his ticket stub is China Link
    This bus travels across the new bridge that just opened in 2007, and he says this travel is much easier than the other bus - I dont know have never done it.
    I know the ferry runs but it doesnt fit with the schedule for his hockey. No late ferry back to Shekou.
    Also he has done private car, but that gets expensive...
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

I would suggest getting him to take the bus and write down the street they drop him off on as well as see if people also board there. Also perhaps ask the driver.

This time to return to Shekou maybe do it via MTR/West Rail to Tin Shui Wai and then take the shuttle bus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Ko...stern_Corridor

Bus

Hi there - he needs to get to Elements Mall - where the Kowloon Airport Express Station is - from there he can take the bus - it goes every 20-30 minutes - back across the new bridge to Shekou. Very easy!